Kevin M. Carnie, Jr.
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in St. Louis, MissouriThe Simon Law Firm, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2008
Education: Saint Louis University School of Law
The Simon Law Firm, P.C.800 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101 Visit website
Kevin M. Carnie, Jr., is an attorney with The Simon Law Firm, P.C., in St. Louis, Missouri. A highly rated trial lawyer with more than 12 years of legal experience, Mr. Carnie focuses his practice primarily on product liability claims involving defective products, faulty construction equipment and heavy machinery, automobile defects and defective medical devices. He also has extensive experience handling other serious personal injury claims such as those arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and excessive police force.
In addition, Mr. Carnie has extensive business litigation experience, and he has handled a variety of matters, including antitrust claims, securities fraud, consumer fraud, banking litigation, contract disputes, patent infringement, real estate litigation and insurance coverage issues. Prior to focusing on plaintiff representation, Mr. Carnie worked at one of St. Louis' largest law firms, where he advocated on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants alike in a wide range of legal disputes.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Carnie has recovered millions of dollars in awards for his clients, including a 32 million verdict in a class action, as well as a $10 million settlement on behalf of the surviving family of a wrongful death victim. He has also secured numerous other settlements and awards well in excess of a million dollars, and he has earned a reputation as one of the leading personal injury trial lawyers in his region.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Carnie earned a Top 40 Under 40 designation from The National Trial Lawyers. Additionally, Missouri Lawyers Weekly voted him an Up and Coming Lawyer in 2015. He has also received many other awards from his peers along with many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2005 graduate of Saint Louis University, Mr. Carnie returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2008, graduating in the Top 10% of his class as a member of the Order of the Woolsack. While in law school, he served as editor of the university's Public Law Review, and he earned several awards for his exceptional academic achievements.
Mr. Carnie holds his license to practice in Illinois and Missouri, and he is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in each state as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th Circuits. He is also an active member of The Missouri Bar and the Illinois State Bar Association, as well as the American Bar Association, The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis and the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://simonlawpc.com/meet-our-attorneys/kevin-m-carnie-jr/
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- State of Illinois
- State of Missouri
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Missouri Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- $32 Million verdict - Class Action
- $2 Million Settlement - Business Litigation
- $1 Million Settlement - §1983 excessive force case
- $5 Million Settlement - Medical Malpractice
- $10 Million Settlement - Wrongful Death
- $3.5 million settlement - breach of contract
- $500,000 settlement - auto accident
- $3.75 million jury verdict - after two-week trial of defective product claim
- $1.1 million settlement - one vehicle auto accident
- $3.9 million verdict - international arbitration involving claims of assault, battery, kidnapping, breach of contract, and misuse of intellectual property
- $1.3 million settlement - during jury trial of uninsured motorist claim
- $400,000 settlement - insurance coverage dispute
- Anatomy of a Product Liability Case – Seminar to Benefit the Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, 6/17/2014 at the Missouri Athletic Club
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review, Editor
- Legislative & Mass Tort Changes in Missouri, 06/20/2017, The Simon Law Firm, P.C. Hon. Richard B. Teitelman Memorial Seminar to Benefit the Legal Services of Missouri, Speaker, Legislative & Mass Tort Changes in Missouri, 2017
- Basics of Preparing for a Civil Trial: The Checklist, Co-Author, 60 St. Louis Bar Journal, Trial, No. 4, Spring, 2014
- Saint Louis University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2005
- Up & Coming Lawyers, Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2015, Up & Coming Lawyers, Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2015, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2015
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ 2014-2018, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ 2014-2018, Super Lawyers
Office location for Kevin M. Carnie, Jr.
800 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2023