Kevin T. Lake
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in St. Louis, MO
- Free Consultation
Mr. Lake is a partner in the law firm of Lake Munro, LLC in St. Louis, Missouri. Mr. Lake provides exceptional representation to clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Family law and divorce
- Estate planning and probate
- Personal injury
- Traffic violations defense
A native of St. Louis, Mr. Lake has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the members of his community. As the third in a line of attorneys in his family, he fully understands the role of a legal counselor in helping people resolve their conflicts and achieve their goals with regards to their complex legal challenges. As such, he delivers highly personalized counsel and dedicated support to all he serves, and he has achieved notable success throughout his more than 21 years in practice.
The father of three adopted children with special needs, Mr. Lake has a unique insight into the process, which enables him to better address his clients' issues and help smooth the process as they seek to expand their families. A compassionate lawyer, he also serves as a certified guardian ad litem in contentious child custody battles as well as in domestic violence situations. He has extensive experience handling numerous family law cases and making recommendations before state and federal courts across the state, including the Missouri Court of Appeals.
A 1995 graduate of Brigham Young University, Mr. Lake obtained his Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University School of Law in 1998. While pursuing his legal degree, he was an active member and finalist of the school's moot court competition as well as an officer of the student Employment Law Association. He holds his license to practice in Illinois and Missouri, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Lake is a member of the Missouri Bar Association and once served as chair of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society's St. Louis Chapter. He also served on the adjunct faculty at the University of Phoenix's St. Louis campus teaching courses in business law, employment law and negotiations. Mr. Lake has also conducted numerous lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Recognized for his professionalism and service, Mr. Lake earned the Top 10 Attorney Award from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2016 along with designation as a Top 100 Attorney from The National Advocates. He also holds a Lead Counsel designation in family law, and he has received 'Superb' client ratings on Avvo. In addition to being named to Super Lawyers in 2019 and 2020, he also received the Top 10 Attorney award in family law by Attorney and Practice Magazine.
- 70%Family Law
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Kevin T. Lake
First Admitted: 1998, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://lakemunrolaw.com/index.php/attorneys/kevin-lake/
- 10/10 Rating, Avvo
- Top 10 Attorney Award in Family Law, Top 10 Attorney Award in Family Law, Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2019
- Lead Counsel Verification in Family Law, Lead Counsel Review Board
- Received the Top 100 Lawyers Award from The National Advocates in 2016., Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates, 2016
- Finalist, Moot Court competition, Saint Louis University School of Law
- Received the Top 10 Attorney Award from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys om 2016., Top 10 Attorney award, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Adjunct Professor, University of Phoenix, St. Louis Campus, Business Law, Employment Law, and Negotiations, 2005-2010
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- Received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Brigham Young University, 1995
- Missouri Bar, 1998
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Student Employment Law Association, Officer
- Member of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society (past chair of the St. Louis chapter), 2019
- Illinois Bar, 1999
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board member of the Judevine Center for Autism., 2018
- Associate Director of the Rising Generation Youth Chorus, 2020
Last Updated: 5/31/2022