Michael J. Dalton, Jr.
Top rated products liability attorney in St. Louis, MissouriO'Leary, Shelton, Corrigan, Peterson, Dalton & Quillin LLC
Practice Areas: Products liability, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2008
Education: University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia)
O'Leary, Shelton, Corrigan, Peterson, Dalton & Quillin LLC1034 S. Brentwood Blvd.
Penthouse 1-A, 23rd Floor
St. Louis, MO 63117 Visit website
A founding partner at O’Leary, Shelton, Corrigan, Peterson, Dalton & Quillin, Michael J. Dalton Jr. focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, he assists clients throughout country who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence of other parties. The types of cases that Mr. Dalton has experience with include defective and dangerous products, motor vehicle/tractor trailer crashes, premises liability, and construction site and other workplace injuries. He has been able to obtain tens of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of his plaintiff clients.
A St. Louis native, Mr. Dalton has received a great deal of recognition from his fellow attorneys for his successes in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. He has been selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 as well as The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and he has been awarded an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Majoring in political science, Mr. Dalton attended the University of Missouri and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2005. Remaining in Columbia, he enrolled at the University of Missouri School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2008. Mr. Dalton also holds a Bachelor of Science in chemistry from the University of Missouri–St. Louis. Mr. Dalton is admitted to practice before all Missouri state courts, and he is a member of The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis and the American Association for Justice. He is also the founder of a nonprofit foundation that provides advocacy and financial support for children in St. Louis and throughout the state.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - products: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://osclaw.com/mike-dalton/
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum-Member
- Missouri State Bar Association, 2012
- AIEG, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2012
- National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis-Member at Large, 2016
- University of Missouri-School of Law, 2008
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL), Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, 2012
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and a minor in English, 2005
- Common Car Crash Myths, Common Car Accident Myths, 2015
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Lawyer, 2015
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis At Large Member , 2017
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis At Large Member , 2018
- Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt, 2017
- Michael recently volunteered to read Dr. Seuss to a local elementary school for Read Across America., 2018
- Michael recently volunteered to read Dr. Seuss to a local elementary school for Read Across America., 2019
- Michael started a 501(c)3 called “Dalton's Kids Foundation” in order to provide assistance to families and children throughout Missouri. , 2018
- Assisted a friend with the sale of an airplane. , 2018
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer-Rising Star, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Avvo Client Choice Award, AVVO, 2014
- Top 40 Under 40 National Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2016
- 10 Rating by AVVO, 10.0 Rating, AVVO, 2016
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2015
- Michael represents a woman who was seriously injured by a tractor trailer and was admitted Pro Hac Vice in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas for this particular lawsuit. , 2019
- Michael represents people who are injured due to others negligence. Michael Dalton has devoted 100% of his work to fighting on behalf of injury victims and has collected tens of millions in settlements and judgments on behalf of victims and their families., 2019
- $4,300,000 Decedent, mother of two, killed in a trucking collision on the interstate after rear-ending a truck. , 2019
- $1,220,000 Michael represented the estate of a man who was shot and killed inside a restaurant/bar. , 2019
- $6,200,000 Members of the firm represented the family of a man who was struck on a bridge. , 2017
- $276,000 An elderly man was injured in a car crash. , 2016
- $300,000 A young girl was bitten by a dog and the case was resolved for the policy limits of the dog owners homeowner's policy. , 2017
- $420,606 Michael represented a woman who was seriously injured when she struck an improperly maintained guard rail. The resolution was for the statutory damages caps. , 2018
- $4,750,000 Consumer product case involving the brain injury of a 3 year old child. , 2015
- American Association For Justice
Office location for Michael J. Dalton, Jr.
1034 S. Brentwood Blvd.
Penthouse 1-A, 23rd Floor
St. Louis, MO 63117
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
Additional sources of information about Michael J. Dalton, Jr.
Find me online
- Neck Injuries: What you need to know! https://t.co/8MwljK25de Neck Injuries: What you need to know!
- Both Bard and Cook IVC Filters have a 40% FAIL RATE! http://t.co/RprTPByLT8
- Even the FDA Not Unanimous in Approval of Invokana!!! There were questions about Invokana! https://t.co/zb6IRgkV6J http://t.co/n1pHO3ZXni