Michael J. Sudekum
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2010, 2012
Partner at Mandel & Mandel LLP, Michael J. Sudekum is a personal injury attorney representing the people of St. Louis and the Missouri metropolitan east area in Illinois. Advocating for those who have experienced a loss at the hands of another, his clients include small businesses, families and individuals. His practice areas include workers’ compensation, nursing home neglect, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and any other personal injury case.
For the last five years, Mr. Sudekum has been named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 for three years. The Missouri Bar Young Lawyers’ Section gave him the Outstanding Service Award in 2008. Mr. Sudekum is admitted to practice in Illinois and Missouri, and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
In 1997, Mr. Sudekum graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Saint Louis University. He then attended the University of Missouri School of Law and in 2000, he obtained his Juris Doctor. He is a member of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, a former member of the organization’s executive committee and a current member of the board of governors.
In giving back to his community, Mr. Sudekum was the Chaminade College Preparatory School Alumni Board’s president for several years. During his time as a representative for the Missouri Bar Young Lawyers’ Section District 9, he gained experience improving the resources for families and individuals who have special needs.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance
- 10%Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense
- 10%Health Care
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Nursing Home
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2010, 2012
About Michael J. Sudekum
First Admitted: 2000, Missouri
- Super Lawyer, Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer magazine
- Outstanding Service Award, Missouri Bar Young Lawyer Section; 2008-2009
- Top 40 Under 40; 2012-2014 – National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Civil Plaintiff; 2014 to present – National Trial Lawyers
- Rising Star, Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer magazine
- In 2009, Mike received the YLS Chairperson's Award for outstanding service to The Missouri Bar Young Lawyer Section.
- United States District Courts of the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Courts of the Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors, 2010 to present
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Executive Committee, 2018 to present
- From 2007-2009, Mr. Sudekum was a District 9 representative of the Young Lawyers' Section Council for the Missouri Bar. As part of his responsibilities for the service arm of the Missouri Bar, he was the chairperson of the Special Needs Task Force, a committee of the council dedicated to improving the access to resources for individuals and families with special needs. In 2009 and again in 2012, Mr. Sudekum was appointed by the Supreme Court of Missouri to the Region XI Disciplinary committee of the Missouri Bar.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mr. Sudekum served as president of the Chaminade College Preparatory Alumni Board (2010-2012).
- Individuals, Families and Small Business experiencing loss as a result of another's actions.
- B.A., cum laude, Saint Louis University, 1997
- This article identifies the problems and potential solutions available to a domestic violence victim that has experienced an insurance loss., Homeowner's Policies and Missouri Law Make Recovery for the Domestic Violence Victim an Olympic Challenge, 69 UMKC Law Review Winter 2000, Number 2, 2000
Last Updated: 5/15/2022