Stephen R. Woodley
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Stephen R. Woodley is Executive Vice President of Gray Ritter Graham, located in St. Louis, Missouri. He focuses his civil litigation practice on matters involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, product liability, catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Mr. Woodley is listed in Best Lawyers in America, has been named one of the "Best Lawyers in St. Louis" by St. Louis Magazine, and is a 2012 recipient of the Appellate Advocates award from Missouri Lawyers Weekly. In addition, he has an AV-Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating with a B.A. from Washington University in 1978 and then obtaining a D.M.D. from the Washington University School of Dental Medicine in 1982, Mr. Woodley attended Saint Louis University School of Law, receiving his J.D. in 1986. Admitted to practice in Missouri and Illinois, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Mr. Woodley has written and lectured on issues related to medical and dental malpractice for professional organizations such as the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, as well as for law, dental and medical schools. He has also given presentations on various topics for continuing legal education programs offered by The Missouri Bar.
He is a past member of the Executive Committee of the Lawyers Association of St. Louis and of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. A Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Mr. Woodley is also a member of the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Woodley was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 St. Louis Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” and is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. He is an Associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates and has an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest given. Mr. Woodley has been annually selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers [among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas] since 2005, in the area of Personal Injury Plaintiff-Medical Litigation. He is a member of The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Missouri.”
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
About Stephen R. Woodley
First Admitted: 1986, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.grgpc.com/attorneys/stephen-r-woodley/
- Co-Author, Missouri Civil Trial Practice, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- The Missouri Trial Attorney, "Demonstrative Evidence in the Medical Negligence Case: Using Certified Medical Illustrators and Computer Animators", Spring, 2002
- The Missouri Trial Attorney, "Cross Examination of Defendants' Expert: General Guidelines", Summer, 2002
- Co-Author, Damages, Ch. 11, Wrongful Death, Supplement, 1994
- Co-Author, Damages, Ch. 11, Wrongful Death, 2d Ed., Chapter 18, 2001
- Lecturer, Medical and Dental Negligence, Medical and Dental Schools
- Missouri, 1986
- American Association for Justice
- Past Member, Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Executive Committee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1987
- Past Member Board of Governors, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. Federal Court, 1987
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, D.M.D. - 1982
- Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, B.A. - 1978
- Stephen S. Woodley, 2016
- , St. Louis Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- Best Lawyers in St. Louis, St. Louis Magazine, 2003 - Present
- Best Lawyers in America 2017® St. Louis Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America 2017® St. Louis Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2003 - Present
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Appellate Advocacy Award, 2012 - Present
Last Updated: 6/22/2022