Thomas K. Neill
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in St. Louis, MissouriGray Ritter Graham
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Consumer Law; view more
Licensed in Missouri since: 2002
Education: University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia)
Gray Ritter Graham701 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101 Visit website
Thomas K. Neill practices primarily in civil litigation, including personal injury, medical malpractice, products liability, Federal Employer’s Liability Act, and consumer class actions. He is admitted to practice in Missouri, Arkansas, and Illinois.
Mr. Neill’s work for his clients has been recognized on numerous occasions. In 2013, he received the St. Louis County Bar Association’s Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, given annually to an attorney under 36 years of age who has demonstrated excellent and distinguished work as a lawyer, distinguished service to the organized bar, and unselfish service to the community.
In 2018, he was a member of the trial team that won a $4.69 billion verdict on behalf of 22 plaintiffs against Johnson & Johnson over its asbestos-laden talcum powder. It was named the Top Plaintiff ’s Verdict in 2018 by Missouri Lawyers Weekly. In 2014, Mr. Neill was part of a trial team that obtained the Top Plaintiff’s Settlement designation from that same publication.
Mr. Neil has an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest given. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Mass Torts Litigation/Class Action – Plaintiffs. He has been annually selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers [among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas] since 2013, in the area of Personal Injury Plaintiff-General Litigation. He has been cited as a Top 50 St. Louis attorney by the same publication, and as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 40 Under 40. He was the 2012 recipient of Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly’s Appellate Advocacy Award.
Mr. Neill has served in numerous leadership roles for the Bar. Since 2013, he has served on the Joint Commission on Women in the Profession. The role of the commission and its members is to identify gender barriers, combat bias in the justice system, and secure full and equal participation of women in the legal profession. Mr. Neill has been on the Executive Committee of the Lawyers Association of St. Louis since 2009, and served as President of the Association in 2014-2015.
In 2017, he was elected to the Appellate Judicial Commission for the Eastern District of Missouri for a six-year term. In 2015, he was elected by members of The Missouri Bar to the five-member 22nd Circuit Judicial Commission.
Mr. Neill graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law in 2002, where he was selected a National member of the Order of Barristers, was a national finalist in the Board of Advocates Client Counseling Competition, and received the William H. Howard Award in Conflict of Laws. He obtained his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1999.
He is the author of the “Voir Dire and Jury Selection” chapter of the Missouri Civil Trial Practice (3rd edition) 2014 Supp. This publication is used as a practice reference by attorneys throughout Missouri.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Consumer Law
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 2002, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.grgpc.com/attorneys/thomas-k-neill/
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 St. Louis Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action – Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year
- Reicipient, “2018 Top Plaintiff’s Verdict,” 2019 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Awards, Recipient, “2018 Top Plaintiff’s Verdict,” 2019 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Awards, 2019
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Appellate Advocacy Award, 2012
- National Finalist, Board of Advocates Client Counseling Competition, University of Missouri Columbia School of Law
- Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, St. Louis County Bar Association, 2013
- William H. Howard Award in Conflicts of Law, University of Missouri Columbia School of Law
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 Under 40
- National Member, Order of Barristers, University of Missouri Columbia School of Law
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 – Present
- Appellate Judicial Commission for the Eastern District of Missouri, 2018 – 2023
- 22nd Circuit Judicial Commission, 2015-2017
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Executive Committee, President, 2014 – 2015
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Executive Committee, President-Elect, 2013 – 2014
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Vice-President, 2012-2013
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys
- Illinois, 2003
- Illinois Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2005
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, President-Elect 2013-2014
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Executive Committee, 2009-2011
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers
- Arkansas, 2003
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2002
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 2003
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri, 2002
- Fellow, St. Louis Bar Foundation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2002
- Arkansas Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 2003
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, B.A. in Political Science, 1999
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection, Missouri Civil Trial Practice, 2nd Ed. Ch. 8, supp., 2008
- Think Adding an In-State Defendant Will Keep You Out of Federal Court? Think Again., The Missouri Trial Attorney, Vol. XXVII, No. 1, Winter-Spring, 2009
Office location for Thomas K. Neill
701 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012