Carrie S. Schormann
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in St. Peters, MO
The founder of the Schormann Law Firm, LLC, Carrie S. Schormann brings her passion for, and experience with, probate, trusts, wills, powers of attorney and estate planning to clients in the St. Louis metropolitan area and St. Charles County. She recognizes the unique challenges that people face when planning events after their death and handles every case with sensitivity and compassion.
A member of The Missouri Bar and The Estate Planning Council of Saint Louis, Ms. Schormann has also served as secretary, vice chairman and a committee chairman for The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis. She is licensed to practice in Nebraska and has practiced law in Kansas. For her adherence to legal ethics and her superior skills, Ms. Schormann has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, and has a “Superb” rating from Avvo. She is also considered a “Top Contributor” in estate planning by Avvo.
Ms. Schormann earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Missouri and went on to receive a Master of Science from the same school. Eventually, she graduated with a Juris Doctor, with an emphasis on tax planning, from the University of Missouri School of Law. Ms. Schormann has representative experience in estate and trust administration, and estate and trust litigation. She also offers a fiduciary tax preparation service to her clients.
Working with financial advisors and accountants, Ms. Schormann’s goal is to provide a comprehensive, holistic solution for her clients when it comes to estate planning. She has worked with estate plans from the most basic to the most complex, and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to protecting financial assets.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Carrie S. Schormann
First Admitted: 2001, Nebraska
Professional Webpage: http://schormannlaw.com/lawyer/Carrie-S.-Schormann_cp17038.h...
- Licensed real estate broker
- Secretary, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2010-2011
- Vice-Chairman, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2011-2012
- Nebraska, 2001
- Chairman, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Probate and Trust Steering Committee, 2012-2013
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri, 2002
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis, 2007
- University of Missouri -- Columbia: BSBA in Finance and BSBAcc, 1997
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MAcc, Tax Accounting, 2000
- University of Missouri, Columbia, BSAcc in Accounting and BSBA in Finance, 1997
Pro bono/Community Service
- Prairie View Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, Fall Fundraising Chair (2015), 2013
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Troop Leader: 2016-2018 Daisys; 2018-2020 Brownies; 2020-2021 Juniors
- SafePacks is a charitable organization which provides backpacks containing clothing, diapers, toiletries, books and toys to children placed into emergency foster care in the St. Louis metropolitan area. These "SafePacks" provide foster children with basic necessities and alleviates the cost to emergency foster parents who might otherwise have to purchase these items. Additionally, it provides each foster child with belongings they can keep when they move into a permanent placement.
- Author, Navigating the Murky Waters of Discretionary Distribution Standards, The St. Louis Bar Jounal, 2015
- Presentation covered the role of trusts (inter vivos and testmentary trusts) in the estate plan, planning for taxes, choosing a trustee and situs. Second half of presentation included the use of irrevocable inter vivos trusts (such as ILITs) in an estate plan., Presenter, The Critical Role of Testamentary Trusts in the Estate Plan, HalfMoon Education, Inc., Estate Planning Attorneys, 2020
- Lunch 'N Learn presented to Central Trust Company employees and centers of influence., Presenter, Discretionary Distribution Standards, Attorneys, Banking, 2017
- Presenter, Irrevocable Trusts, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis -- ABCs of Estate Planning, Lawyers, 2016
- Presenter, Directed Trusts: Who's The Boss?, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis -- Annual Estate Planning Institute, Lawyers, 2016
- Presenter, Advanced Topics in Estate Planning, HalfMood Education, Inc., Attorneys, 2016
- Presenter, Discretionary Distribution Standards, Trust Officers, 2016
- Presenter, Charitable Giving: Encouraging Lasting Legacies from Alumni, Missouri Community College Association, 2016
- Represented co-trustee seeking approval from beneficiaries of a sale to a related party., 2020
- Rated one of the Top Rated - AV® Preeminent™ Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Selected to the 2016 Missouri Super Lawyers list
- Represented trustee in matter involving decanting of irrevocable trust created at grantor's death to take into account differing needs of beneficiaries., 2020
- U.S. government aims to limit technique for lowering estate, gift taxes. https://t.co/GGEQwlK2og via @WSJ
- Thanks to @StinsonLeonard for over 8 1/2 great years! Now I'm looking forward to the next chapter: Schormann Law Firm!
- Check out article by my collegue on United States v. Windsor and what it all means for Estate Planning http://t.co/SNRIUQMYVq
Last Updated: 5/16/2022