Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Helena, MontanaChristensen & Prezeau, PLLP
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor, General Litigation; view more
Licensed in Montana since: 1997
Education: University of Colorado Law School
Christensen & Prezeau, PLLP24 W 6th Ave
Helena, MT 59601 Visit website
Attorney Amy Christensen is the managing partner of the law firm of Christensen & Prezeau, PLLP, located in Helena, Montana. Representing clients throughout the Helena metro region and across the state, Ms. Christensen handles cases involving labor and employment law, health care law, administrative law, and professional negligence defense. She also conducts workplace investigations for clients.
A top-rated trial attorney with 24 years of legal experience, Ms. Christensen has achieved notable success defending employers in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour claims. In addition, Ms. Christensen also advises businesses and employers on all aspects of employment law in order to help them remain in compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
After graduating from the University of Notre Dame with high honors in 1992, Ms. Christensen attended the University of Colorado School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1997. That same year, the State Bar of Montana admitted her to practice, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana.
Fully committed to her practice, Ms. Christensen is active with the State Bar of Montana and other professional legal organizations, including the First Judicial District Bar Association, Montana Defense Trial Lawyers and the Defense Research Institute. She is also a fellow with the Litigation Counsel of America. Active in her community as well, she serves on the board of directors for the Helena Youth Soccer Association.
In recognition for her service and professionalism, Ms. Christensen has received a Top Band Ranking in Chambers and Partners, and she is listed in the 2015 Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys. She also holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished, and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employer, General Litigation
Employment Discrimination, Litigation, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Wrongful Termination
- 60% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 30% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1997, Montana
Professional Webpage: http://www.cplawmt.com/attorney/amy-d-christensen/
- Shodair Children's Hospital
- Boyd Andrew Community Services
- West Mont
- University of Notre Dame (high honors), B.S., 1992
- Faculty, Labor and Employment Conference
- State Bar of Montana
- Defense Research Institute
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- Montana, 1997
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (by invitation)
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys - Listed Lawyer, 2015
- Listed, Chambers USA since 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell Labor and Employment Top Rated Lawyers
- Top Band Ranking in Chambers and Partners
- Listed, Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (Martindale-Hubbell)
- First Judicial District Bar Association "Pro Bono Publico" award winner
Office location for Amy Christensen
24 W 6th Ave
Helena, MT 59601
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008