Travis A. Spier
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Omaha, NE
- Free Consultation
Travis A. Spier is Managing Shareholder at Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver, Spier & Israel Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O., where he works out of the firm's offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska. Representing clients throughout the state, Travis focuses his practice on representing injured individuals in workers' compensation trials and appeals and also personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Travis has successfully litigated hundreds of workers' compensation claims for his clients, including dozens of trials or hearings and multiple victories in the Nebraska Supreme Court and Nebraska Court of Appeals. Travis is a certified mediator and has successfully utilized mediation and traditional negotiations to obtain millions of dollars for his clients via settlement.
A native of Nebraska, Travis attended the University of Nebraska in Lincoln as an undergraduate student, majoring in business administration and obtaining a bachelor's degree with high distinction in 2004. Remaining in Lincoln, he attended the University of Nebraska College of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 2007. Travis is admitted to practice before all Nebraska state and federal courts, Travis is an active member of the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys and the Nebraska State Bar Association.
On a personal note, Travis is an avid outdoorsman and a passionate sports fan. His favorite hobbies include bow hunting, fishing, hiking, softball, golf, and weight training. When he is not in the office or courtroom, you can find him coaching his boys' baseball teams, hiking or camping with his family, at a Husker game, or most often in the fall, in a treestand near his hometown in southeast Nebraska.
About Travis A. Spier
First Admitted: 2007, Nebraska
Professional Webpage: https://www.atwoodlawyers.com/Attorneys/Travis-A-Spier.shtml
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, with High Distinction, 2004 University of Nebraska College of Law, 2007
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars, 2017
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars, 2016
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- $2,291,050.54 Lifetime Value Award: Dredla v. Valmont Industries, Inc., Doc: 216, Page: 0572 (Award entered on 1/5/21): Workers' compensation trial victory results in award to client/injured worker of lifetime disability and medical benefits valued at nearly $2.3 Million over client's projected life expectancy., 2021
- $1,154,000 Living Arrangement Award: Simmons v. Precast Haulers, Inc., Doc: 212 Page: 0087 (Order entered on 9/22/20): Workers' compensation insurance company sought to avoid paying cost of wheelchair-dependent injured worker's living arrangements at assisted living facility. Secured trial victory obligating carrier to continue to pay for client's assisted living arrangements which at current prices hold a projected value of over $1.1 Million over client's life expenctancy., 2020
- $3,091,027.00 Settlement: Workers' Compensation Settlement Agreement Negotiated; party and case information confidential. Successfully mediated workers' compensation claim to agreement to resolve for lifetime value to injured worker of over $3 Million., 2020
- Nebraska Supreme Court victory for injured worker: Parks v. Hy-Vee, Inc., No. S-20-195 (Opinion filed 12/4/20). Prevailed over employer appeal of benefits award to secure injured worker/client's lifetime benefits award via Supreme Court affirmance., 2020
- >$500,000.00 Projected Lifetime Value Award: Parks v. Hy-Vee, Inc., Doc: 210 No: 1226 (Further Award entered on 2/7/20). Successfully tried workers' compensation claim for injured worker securing lifetime Award of benefits with projected value greater than $500,000.00 over injured worker's life expectancy., 2020
- $330,000.00 Settlement: Party and Case Information Confidential; Successfully negotiated resolution of claims of widow and children of injurer who allegedly died in the course of scope of his employment. Widow's and children's claims had previously been denied with zero benefits voluntarily paid., 2020
- $315,000.00 Settlement of Workplace Death Claim: Party Information Confidential. Negotiated settlement for widow and children of injured worker who fell from a roof at work and later died from injuries sustained in the fall. Workers' compensation benefits had been denied to the family., 2020
- >$500,000.00 Value Lifetime Award: Gove v. Kinseth Hotel Corp, Inc., Doc: 217 Page: 0699 (Award Entered on 4/1/19). Trial resulted in lifetime award of disability, medical expenses, and past penalties for employer's wrongful denial of injured worker's claim., 2019
- $395,000.00 Settlement: Party and Case Information Confidential; Successfully negotiated resolution of denied and disputed workers' compensation claim of injured worker., 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022