Maren Lynn Chaloupka
Top rated Civil Rights attorney in Scottsbluff, NebraskaChaloupka Law LLC
Following the example set by her father and mentor, trial lawyer Bob Chaloupka, Maren Lynn Chaloupka has devoted her life to restoring a voice to those who have been marginalized, abused and ignored. Maren serves plaintiffs in civil cases involving civil rights violations and serious personal injuries. In criminal law, she defends clients who want to fight for their future. Maren's work ethic is unmatched, and she hones her trial skills through teaching at Trial Lawyers College, where she has served for many years as a faculty member and on the Board of Directors. This work is ministry for Maren, and she has the courage, skill and experience to serve clients honorably before trial, in trial, on appeal and beyond.
Practice areasCivil Rights, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense, Appellate, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://chaloupkalaw.net/maren-lynn-chaloupka/
- Editor-in-chief of The Warrior, the quarterly journal of Trial Lawyers College.
- Trial Lawyers College - - graduate 1999, staff 2000 - present, Board of Directors 2015 - present, Secretary 2020 - present.
- Maren has gone to trial in 70 state and federal cases (lead counsel in approximately 66 of those) in Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa and Texas. She was co-lead counsel for the "Beatrice 6," six innocent men and women whose wrongful conviction trial in federal court resulted in the largest civil rights verdict in Nebraska history. Maren has also served as lead counsel for over 80 state and federal appeals.
- Maren serves on the Session of the First Presbyterian Church of Scottsbluff, Nebraska, and also plays the piano for the Chuckwagon Mission Church. She is also a volunteer pianist for Theatre West Summer Repertory events.
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023