Christine E. Drage
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Henderson, NV
Christine Drage is a founding partner and shareholder of W&D Law, LLP, with offices in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Colorado. W&D is one of the nation's largest female-owned law firms. Christine has been a construction lawyer for over 24 years and has represented some of the most well-known design and construction professionals in the global A/E community, many of whom consistently rank among Engineering News Record’s Top 500 firms. Christine has also represented Owners, both private and public, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors and manufacturers. Christine’s experience includes contract drafting, negotiations, project claims assistance during all design and construction phases of projects, complex litigation and trial for multi-million and multi-billion dollar private and public works projects, including but not limited to claims on projects involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death. Her experience includes extensive litigation involving mega projects, tunnels, hotels, casinos, highways, freeways, airports, justice and detention center projects, power plants, wastewater treatment facilities, convention and performing arts centers, high rise and single-family residential and commercial projects, as well as all types of delivery methods. Christine has handled virtually every type of design and construction project and case over the course of her career and has worked closely with clients and insurance carriers around the globe. W&D is certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and is a member of the exclusive National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF).
About Christine E. Drage
First Admitted: 1998, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://www.wdlaw.com/bios/christine-drage/
- See www.wdlaw.com for list of representative cases for verdicts and settlements.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- W&D Law, LLP is one of the largest women-owned law firms in the nation. W&D Law, LLP received its certification as a Women's Business Enterprise from Women's Business Enterprise National Counsel (WBENC) in 2014 and is an active member of National Association of Women and Minority Owned Law Firms.
- W&D Law, LLP is a Women's Business Enterprise (WBE), certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council and is certified by the Supplier Clearinghouse for the Utility Supplier Diversity Program of the California Public Utilities Commission.
- AUTHOR: Legislative Update for Design Professionals, (November/December, 2007, Builder Architect Magazine, Southern Nevada Edition) Risk Management for the Design Professional, (May/June, 2007, Builder Architect Magazine, Southern Nevada Edition) Understanding and Developing a Risk Management Policy for Condominium Projects, (July, 2006, AIA California Council; a/e ProNet Practice Notes, Volume 16, Number 1) CONTRIBUTOR The Nevada and California Chapters of State-By-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims, (2007 - 2015 Supplements, Aspen Publishers); Building Better Construction Contracts (Practicing Law Institute, 2014 and 2015) The XL Insurance Contract Guide for Design Professionals – A Risk Management Handbook for Architects and Engineers (2007, X.L. America, Inc.) PRESENTER Building Better Construction Contracts 2014 (Practicing Law Institute) Client Expectations of Perfection (ACEC National Conference, 2013) Standard of Care for Design Professionals (July, 2011, Nevada Society of Professional Engineers) Managing Risk with the Right Contractual Language: Cautions and Recent Court Decisions (February, 2011, ACEC) Impact of Legal Decisions Regarding Duty to Defend (2010, Nevada Society of Professional Engineers Regional Conference) Being Prepared – Legal Concerns & Contracts (2009, AIA Nevada Design Conference) Amending NRS 338.155 Regarding the Duty of Design Professionals to Defend Public Agencies on Public Works Projects in Nevada (May, 2009, Testified before Senate; AB 483 Passed, amending NRS 338.155 effective July 1, 2009; Presented to American Council of Engineering Companies, May 25, 2009) What To Do Right When a Project Goes Wrong – A Lawyer's Role on Behalf of Design Professionals During Construction of Problematic Projects (2008, X.L. America, Inc., West Region Conference) Negotiating High Risk Contracts (2006, AIA, Half Moon Seminars) Digital Technology: Risks and Rewards of Innovation (2006, DPRCG Loss Prevention Convocation) Contract Negotiations (2006, California Geotechnical Engineers Association Annual Conference), Contributor, The California Chapter of State-by-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims; The Nevada Chapter of State-by-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims; Aspen Publishing, Aspen Publishers, Construction
- United States Supreme Court, State Bar of California, State Bar of Nevada, and United States District Court, Central District of California, United States District Court, Southern District of California United States District Court, District of Nevada Clark County (Nevada) Bar Association, Orange County Chapter American Institute of Architects (Affiliate Member), Clark County (Nevada) Chapter American Institute of Architects (Affiliate Member) American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Nevada (Associate Member)
- Member United States Supreme Court, 2016
- Member of State Bar of Nevada and State Bar of California.
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts-English (1990); NCAA Division I Tennis (1986-1990) Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D. (1993)
- American Council Of Engineering Companies
- American Institute Of Architects
Last Updated: 7/14/2022