Jamie Cogburn founded J. Cogburn Law with the goal to fight for those who could not fight for themselves. Jamie grew up in Sherman, Texas, before moving to Reno, Nevada, where Jamie graduated from Reno High School. Jamie earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Nevada and graduated cum laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2003. After law school, Jamie worked for the Honorable Ron Parraguirre as a judicial law clerk before working at a prominent law firm in Las Vegas.
Jamie is honored to be the incoming President for his state’s trial lawyer association, the Nevada Justice Association. Although Jamie is actively involved in protecting the local community from the abuses of insurance companies, he dedicates a tremendous amount of time to helping those in financial need. Jamie founded the non-profit organization, Give to Learn, wherein they provide scholarships to children who have overcome an adversity in their life. Prior to becoming President of Give To Learn, Jamie donated his time and resources to other charities, such as Three Square Food Bank, Boys and Girls Club and Shade Tree.
Recognizing that the cost of higher education continues to climb and impose a burden on many in the community, J. Cogburn Law offers an annual need-based scholarship to an individual who has overcome great adversity.
Jamie is dedicated to taking cases to trial, which is evidenced by his jury verdicts and awards he has received throughout his career. Jamie is an AV rated trial attorney and is a member of the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an impressive group of trial lawyers who have settled a case or won a trial for $2,000,000 or more. Less than 1% of lawyers in the United States qualify for membership. Since 2010, Jamie has been identified as a Super Lawyer Rising Star, an honor bestowed to less than 5% of the best and brightest lawyers under the age of 40. Jamie has also been voted into the “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers year after year. Jamie’s areas of practice include personal injury, wherein he represents individuals injured due to the actions of others.
Outside the office, Jamie spends time with his three children and partner. Jamie enjoys traveling, playing golf and spending time with his family and friends.
• Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
• Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2010 – 2016
• Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an impressive group of trial lawyers who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements
• AV rated by Martindale
First Admitted: 2003, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://jcogburnlaw.com/attorneys/jamie-s-cogburn/
- Boys and Girls Club
- Generation Vegas, board member
- University of Nevada, Bachelor of Science
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Association for Justice
- Nevada Justice Association
- Citizens For Justice
- Personal Injury Specialist designated by the Nevada State Bar, 2019
- American Association For Justice
- Citizens for Justice
- Nevada Justice Association
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2016