Matthew H. Friedman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Henderson, NV
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2020
Matthew H. Friedman is a founding partner of Ford & Friedman, located in Henderson, Nevada. Representing clients throughout the Las Vegas metropolitan area, he focuses his practice primarily on family law litigation, including high net worth divorces, same-sex issues, property division, asset protection and domestic violence. Mr. Friedman also handles criminal defense and personal injury litigation.
Mr. Friedman completed his undergraduate education at the University of Nevada, Reno, graduating in 2004 with his Bachelor of Arts in public relations and philosophy. He then went on to attend the William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2009. Admitted to practice in Nevada, Mr. Friedman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. He was an attorney with another family law firm before co-founding Ford & Friedman.
His personalized approach and legal skills have led to his receiving recognition from his peers and the public alike. He was named by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys as one of Nevada's Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under Age 40 in 2014. Mr. Friedman has also twice been included on Nevada Business magazine's annual Legal Elite list, and he has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Friedman is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Clark County Bar Association, the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Nevada and the Cardozo Society of the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas. To help the less fortunate, he provides pro bono work through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada.
About Matthew H. Friedman
First Admitted: 2010, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://www.fordfriedmanlaw.com/attorneys/matthew-h-friedman...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Clark County Legal Services
- Family Court "Ask A Lawyer" Program
- B.A., Major: Public Relations and Philosophy, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, 2004
- Nevada, 2010
- Clark County Bar Association
- Anti Defamation League (ADL)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- Cardozo Society
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2010
- State Bar of Nevada - Family Law Section
- Las Vegas Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine , 2013
- Avvo Rated Attorney, Avvo.com, 2013
- Nevada Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2014
- Southern Nevada Up & Coming Attorney, Nevada Business Magazine
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40, 2014
- "Superb" 10.0 Avvo Rated Attorney - www.Avvo.com
- Avvo Rated Attorney, Avvo.com, 2012
- Super Lawyers Mountain States Rising Star, 2014
- Nevada Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2013
- High-net-worth divorce comes with higher stakes than a more “traditional” divorce, so it is crucial to think critic… https://t.co/CDLwJCDuJA
- After a divorce, you will likely need to make some adjustments to your finances to accommodate any changes. Read ou… https://t.co/wPXeOSCnUZ
- A forensic accountant can play a crucial role in the divorce process, especially when there is a substantial amount… https://t.co/3LQYyOmMQe
- It is possible to make changes to a prenuptial agreement. However, you and your spouse must both agree to the modif… https://t.co/JM7KmPC2rh
- High asset divorce cases tend to be more complex and time-consuming than other cases that involve fewer assets. Rea… https://t.co/ZebEOZM9cB
Last Updated: 6/24/2022