F. Peter James
Top rated Family Law attorney in Las Vegas, NevadaLaw Offices of F. Peter James, Esq.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Nevada since: 2006
As the owner of the Law Offices of F. Peter James, Esq., Mr. James is dedicated to serving clients throughout Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada. He focuses his practice on family law, generally accepting cases that involve divorce, child custody and support, grandparents' visitation, and adoptions and guardianships.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Mr. James went on to attend the William S. Boyd School of Law. From there, he received a Juris Doctor in 2006.
Mr. James has experience handling cases in several areas of law, including civil litigation and criminal law. However, his passion lies in representing clients in family law matters. It is his goal to provide his clients with the meaningful assistance and strong advocacy that they deserve. He understands that family-related legal issues are often complicated and emotional for those involved. For that reason, he strives to take a compassionate approach with each case he handles, while still keeping his clients informed about their case and their options. Mr. James also serves as a court-appointed settlement master, helping people achieve settlements to their family law issues.
Over the course of his career, Mr. James's dedication to quality representation has gained him the respect of his clients and his peers. He has an Avvo Superb 10.0 rating and Desert Companion magazine named him one of the top family law attorneys in Las Vegas. For 2015 and 2016, Mr. James has been honored by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as one of the Nation's Top 1% of lawyers. The American Institute of Family Law Attorney's honored Mr. James with the Client Satisfaction Award in 2015. Mr. James is also Lead Counsel rated by Thompson Reuters.
Beyond the courtroom, Mr. James enjoys working on the restoration of his classic Ford Mustang convertible and spending time with his family.
Practice areasFamily Law, Appellate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Appeals, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2006, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://www.peterjameslawoffices.com/
- Honored as One of the Nation’s Top One Percent of attorney’s by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel for 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Distinguished Men in Nevada has honored him as a distinguished Nevadan, 2015
- Named a Mountain States Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Named as One of the Top Family Law Attorneys in Las Vegas by Desert Companion Magazine
- Lead Counsel rated by Thomson Reuters
- 10.0 rating by Avvo.com
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, B.A. in English
- State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Nevada, Family Law Section
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- Family Law Section
Office location for F. Peter James
3821 West Charleston Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016