Geoffrey W. Hawkins
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Geoffrey W. Hawkins is a founding partner of Hawkins Melendrez, PC, located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Representing individuals and companies throughout the area, he focuses his practice on a variety of business-related matters, including business formation, the preparation of bylaws and other internal governance documents, regulatory compliance, acquisitions and other transactions, and disputes. His clients are in a broad range of industries, including real estate, health care and construction. Mr. Hawkins also has extensive commercial litigation experience, and he counsels companies on their labor and employment issues.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Hawkins attended Humboldt State University in Northern California and received a Bachelor of Science in 1997. He then enrolled at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2001. After graduation, Mr. Hawkins was an associate at several Las Vegas-area law firms before co-founding Hawkins Melendrez, PC, in 2008. Admitted to practice before all Nevada and Wisconsin state courts, Mr. Hawkins is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Mr. Hawkins has taught college-level courses in domestic and international business law, corporate social responsibility, and labor and employment law. He is also frequently asked to speak before professional groups on topics related to his practice areas, and he has had articles published in Nevada Business Magazine and Attorney at Law Magazine. Highly regarded by his fellow attorneys for his business law acumen and high degree of ethics, Mr. Hawkins has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He is an active participant in the Clark County Bar Association.
About Geoffrey W. Hawkins
First Admitted: 2000
Professional Webpage: http://www.hawkinsmelendrez.com/About/Geoffrey-W-Hawkins.sht...
- State Bar of Nevada, 2001 - Present
- Clark County Bar Association, 2001 - Present
- American Bar Association, 2001 - Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2001
- Nevada, 2001
- Wisconsin, 2000
- Professor of Legal Education at a National University in the following areas: Communications Law and Ethics, Corporate and Social Responsibility, Business Law, International Business Law, Contemporary Business Law and Employment Law
- Marquette University, Masters of Business Administration, 2000
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2009
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2011
- Top Attorneys - Mountain States' Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2013
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2013
- Area's Largest Business And Commercial Litigation Attorneys, 2013
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2014
- Top Attorneys: The Mountain States Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2014
Last Updated: 9/18/2017