James A. Beckstrom
Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Las Vegas, NevadaBeckstrom & Beckstrom LLP
Practice Areas: Civil Litigation, General Litigation, Personal Injury view more
Licensed in Nevada since: 2016
James Beckstrom represents companies and individuals in litigation matters throughout Nevada and California. His wide-ranging practice includes real estate litigation, title litigation, complex business litigation, trade secret litigation, personal injury litigation, insurance bad faith, business law, and general litigation. He has experience in all aspects of litigation in both state and federal courts from pre-litigation to verdict, as well as securing victories on appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to practicing law, James owned and managed a default services company specializing in residential and commercial foreclosures. In doing so, James developed extensive knowledge in areas of creditor rights, enforcement, and collections and routinely represents financial institutions in both Nevada and California. Following his transition into the legal field, James clerked for the Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada where he oversaw a split docket of both civil and criminal matters. Following his clerkship James was a commercial litigator at Marquis Aurbach Coffing, where he defended public municipalities, hospitals, and both private and public companies. James serves as outside general counsel to a national bakery and telecommunication company located Nevada.
James is also an active member of the Nevada Justice Association, United Trustee Association, American Association for Justice, and Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Plaintiff, General Litigation, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Real Estate: Business, Business Litigation, Consumer Law
First Admitted: 2016, Nevada
- 2018-2020, Best Up and Coming, Nevada Business Magazine
- (Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Real Estate and Real Estate Law), Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America®, 2022
- 2019-2021, Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine
- State Bar of Nevada
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada - J.D., 2015
- California State University - Fullerton - B.A., 2012
- ., Common Area Maintenance Charges - The Devil is in the Details, CCIM, 2021
- ., Legal Briefs: The Short Term Commercial Rental Trend that Cannot be Ignored, CCIM, 2019
- ., Looking Ahead: The Importance of SNDAs for Commercial Tenants, CCIM, 2018
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023