Jennifer V. Abrams
Top rated Family Law attorney in Las Vegas, NevadaThe Abrams & Mayo Law Firm
Attorney Jennifer V. Abrams is a 20 year veteran in the practice of divorce law. It is not uncommon for the opposing party to simultaneously retain more than one attorney to litigate against her. Attorney Abrams also routinely represents fellow attorneys or their spouses. Her credentials include:
- Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). Ms. Abrams is one of only sixteen Las Vegas attorneys that have been accepted into this elite national association.
- Board Certified by the State Bar of Nevada as a Family Law Specialist.
- Executive Council of the State Bar of Nevada, Family Law Section. She was elected to this post for 5 years by her fellow family law attorneys and the Nevada Family Court Judges.
- Appointed by and honored by the Justices of the Supreme Court of Nevada. This was for her work on revising the procedures for NRCP 16.1, 16.2, 16.205 and the Financial Disclosure Forms. These procedures and forms are used by attorneys in every divorce case in the State of Nevada.
- Currently on the committee rewriting Section Five (Family Court) of the Eighth Judicial District Court Rules.
- Honored by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada as the 2020 Attorney of the Year.
- Published author in the Nevada Family Law Report – Summer 2022.
Ms. Abrams is admitted to practice law in three states, but chooses to practice exclusively as a divorce attorney in Las Vegas. Jennifer Abrams is regarded as both a skilled negotiator and a forceful litigator. As such, she has gained the respect of her colleagues and judges in the Clark County Family Courts.
Attorney Jennifer Abrams is a member in good standing of the State Bar of Nevada Family Law Executive Council, State Bar of Nevada, American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, which is formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Clark County Bar Association, the State Bar of California, and the Louisiana State Bar (both inactive). She graduated from the Pepperdine University School of Law in California, Magna Cum Laude, with a class rank of 9th out of 255. She received her undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting Theory and Practice, from California State University, Northridge and has passed the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) examination.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Divorce, Marital Property
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1998, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.theabramslawfirm.com/las-vegas-divorce-attorney/
- Board Certified by The State Bar of Nevada as a Divorce Law Specialist
- Member American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Honored by Justices of the Supreme Court of Nevada for her work on revising the procedures for NRCP 16.1, 16.2, 16.205 and the Financial Disclosure Forms
- Pepperdine University School of Law, with a class rank of 9th out of 255
- California State University, Northridge, California, Business Administration, Accounting Theory and Practice, 1994
- Member, State Bar of Nevada, 2001
- Member, Louisiana State Bar, Inactive
- Member, State Bar of California, Inactive
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Executive Council, Family Law Section, State Bar of Nevada
- AAML - Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys
- Beware the Pitfalls of Alimony and Child Support Calculators, Beware the Pitfalls of Alimony and Child Support Calculators, 2021
- Jennifer Abrams discusses how these two critical divorce issues are related., Author, The Relationship Between Alimony and Child Support, 2022
- Staff Member, Law Review, Pepperdine University
Office location for Jennifer V. Abrams
6252 South Rainbow Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023