Richard A. Harris
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Richard A. Harris is a personal injury attorney with over 40 years of experience. Mr. Harris is the founder of the Richard Harris Law Firm with offices in Las Vegas, and Reno, Nevada. He handles cases involving motor vehicle accidents, dangerous drugs, dangerous products, dog bites, mass torts, medical malpractice, motorcycle accidents, slip-and-falls, Social Security Disability, truck accidents, workers compensation, and wrongful death.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Harris has recovered over a billion dollars through settlements or verdicts for clients in Las Vegas and throughout the state of Nevada. He is one of a handful of Board Certified Personal Injury Specialists in Nevada. He is highly experienced with alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation advocacy but prepared to litigate a case through trial when settlement is not possible.
In honor of his achievements, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Harris an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest available rating, given to attorneys demonstrating preeminent legal capability and the highest ethical standards. Additionally, he is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive organization of attorneys who have obtained recoveries of $2 million or more for their clients.
Outside of his private practice, Mr. Harris served as an adjunct professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas William, S. Boyd School of Law and sat on the Nevada Justice Association Board of Governors. He was awarded the Nevada Justice Association's Lifetime Achievement Award and the Badger Award, the association's highest award for community service. He is a passionate advocate for injury victims and supports numerous community organizations including Project Backpack, Nevada Wheelchair Foundation, and sponsors the weekly video series Spirit of Nevada which has over 10,000,000 views on social media.
After graduating cum laude from Brigham Young University with a bachelor’s degree in communications, Mr. Harris earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law. He also holds a master’s degree from Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution. He is qualified to appear before all Nevada and California state and federal courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Richard A. Harris
First Admitted: 1980, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://richardharrislaw.com/attorneys/richard-harris/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Nevada Justice Association Series on Continuing Legal Education, Patron
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Boyd School of Law, Adjunct professor of law
- California, 1980
- The Verdict Club, platinum member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Nevada, 1980
- Nevada Justice Association, Board of Governors
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, LL.M. candidate in Dispute Resolution, 2009, 2009
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor’s in communications, Cum laude, 1977
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Nevada Justice Association , 2016
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Best Oral Advocate, Finalist
- Badger Award, community service, Nevada Justice Association Series on Continuing Legal Education, 2010
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Board Certified Personal Injury Specialist - State Bar of Nevada, 2016
- If you are one of the unlucky individuals to get injured in a car accident on Friday the 13th, call us — it just ma… https://t.co/dmL5apMOnP
- Spirit of Nevada - Ely Finale https://t.co/1OgZ3HSdrH Located near Nevada’s eastern end of U.S. Highway 50, “The L… https://t.co/0zM2C8Weu3
- Spirt of Nevada - Haunted Eureka https://t.co/cWJm832Y9K Sam spends one last night at a haunted hotel in Eureka. W… https://t.co/HIiCCJzKTE
- Spirit of Nevada - Jackson House Hotel https://t.co/1cDAXhwLAC In this special two part Halloween series, Sam revi… https://t.co/73Jk36iHf1
- Spirit of Nevada - Walking Box Ranch Part 2 https://t.co/JNV0qIhPRG Sam meets UNLV Director of Public History, Dei… https://t.co/Qh6qQBRzED
Last Updated: 4/20/2022