Steven M. Burris
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Steven M. Burris is a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada. The founder of the Law Offices of Steven M. Burris, Mr. Burris handles personal injury matters involving car accidents, construction accidents, dog bites, drunk driver accidents, hit-and-run accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents, premises liability, and truck accidents. He serves clients throughout the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
Mr. Burris provides personalized attention and compassionate representation to each client he represents. He has over 40 years of legal experience and understands the devastating financial and emotional impact of a catastrophic injury. He advocates tirelessly on behalf of injury victims to help them recover fair compensation.
In honor of his successful career, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Burris an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, the highest available rating. Las Vegas magazine included him on its list of “Las Vegas’ Top 5 lawyers.” In 1999, Mr. Burris received a Badger award, the Nevada Justice Association’s highest award.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Burris is a member of the State Bar of Nevada, The State Bar of California, the Nevada Justice Association and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is a co-founder of Nevada’s “one-day jury trial” program and regularly authors legal journal articles. He has also spoken at several legal seminars.
Mr. Burris graduated with distinction from Stanford University and earned his law degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law. He holds a license to practice law in Nevada and California, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Steven M. Burris
First Admitted: 1978, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://www.steveburrislaw.com/attorney-profiles/steven-m-bu...
- Hennegan v. Valley Hospital
- Sodarakis v. USAA
- Brannan v. Nevada Rock & Sand
- Ham v. Romeo
- Carver v. El Sabawi
- Eads v. Werner Ladder
- Graduated with honors from University of Southern California Law School, top 25% of class
- Highest grade of all Nevada bar applicants, 1978
- AV preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys
- Appointed head of Southern Nevada Panel, State of Nevada Medical Legal Screening Panel, 1996-1998
- Nevada Super Lawyers®, 2007 and 2008
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Las Vegas Life Top 5 Lawyers
- Nevada "One Day Jury Trial" program (Co-founder)
- State Bar of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association/Nevada Justice Association (President, 1997-1998; Member, Board of Governors, 1994-2008; Editor of "The Advocate," 2004-2008)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- Stanford University, Artium Baccalaureatus (A.B.) with distinction
- University of Southern California Law School, Juris Doctor with honors
Last Updated: 12/29/2020