Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017
Attorney Tiffany Ballenger Floyd is the managing partner of Phillips Ballenger, PLLC, a boutique law firm located in the Summerlin South region of Las Vegas, Nevada.
Nationally recognized as one of the top lawyers in the country, Ms. Ballenger Floyd is licensed in California and Nevada. She has practiced exclusively in the areas of estate planning, business planning, and asset protection since the inception of her legal career in 2007. As an attorney, Ms. Ballenger Floyd has gained a reputation for her compassion and integrity in dealing with her clients and demonstrates unwavering resolve in targeting customized, efficient, and cost-effective solutions for their legal issues. To that end, in lieu of classic hourly billing, she offers a transparent, flat-fee billing system for the majority of her cases.
Her 14 + years of continuous experience in estate law allows her to provide unmatched counsel and support to clients in her chosen fields of practice, including:
- Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts);
- Advanced Estate Planning strategies, including dynasty trusts, estate tax minimization strategies and various types of irrevocable trust;
- Asset Protection planning, including Self-Settled Asset Protection Trusts, Spendthrift Trusts, Nevada Asset Protection Trusts (NAPTs), and Domestic Asset Protection Trusts (DAPTs);
- Business Formation and Planning, including work with LLCs, corporations
After earning her bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2003, Ms. Ballenger Floyd obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2007. While in law school, she was awarded the Arthur Zief Jr. Scholarship, and served as editor of the Journal of Law and Social Challenges and The Forum.
A leader in her field, Ms. Ballenger Floyd has several publications to her credit and speaks frequently on legal issues, both locally and on the national stage. She has been featured as a legal analyst on the Fox News channel and has been interviewed as a legal authority by national publications, including The Trace and Women’s Health® magazine.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Ms. Ballenger Floyd has been designated as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas in MyVegas Magazine, has been named to lists of top lawyers featured in Desert Companion Magazine and the Legal Network, and has received the coveted “Legal Elite” designation from Nevada Business Magazine. Ms. Ballenger Floyd has received Avvo’s Clients' Choice Award and has the highest rating on Avvo (“Superb, 10/10”), and Martindale Hubbell (5/5).
A strong proponent of community service, Ms. Ballenger Floyd volunteers her time as a pro bono attorney to help underserved and vulnerable members of the Las Vegas community through her work with the Southern Nevada Senior Law Program and the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. She has served as a Pro Bono Children's Project Attorney, providing legal representation to kids in the Clark County foster care system and has acted as a Small Business Advisor, mentoring small business owners through Pacific Community Ventures and BusinessAdvising.org.
Ms. Ballenger Floyd has been a member of WealthCounsel®, a preeminent national organization of estate planning attorneys, since 2007. In 2020, she conceptualized and founded Wealth Counsel’s ‘Women in Estate Planning’ forum, with the goal of fostering support and knowledge-sharing with the other women in her field.
Ms. Ballenger Floyd is also an active member of the State Bar of Nevada's Probate & Trust Section and was appointed to serve as the Attorney representative for the state Advisory Committee for the Foreclosure Mediation Program by the Supreme Court of Nevada.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
First Admitted: 2007, California
Professional Webpage: https://phillipsballenger.com/lawyer/Tiffany-Ballenger,-Esq....
- Member, State Bar of California (2007 - present)
- Member, Nevada State Bar (2008 - present)
- Member, State Bar of Nevada Probate & Trust Law Section
- Member, Wealth Counsel (2007 - present)
- Featured Legal Analyst, Fox News Channel
- Selected to Super Lawyers, Mountain States, 2018 - 2022, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Voted one of Las Vegas' Top 100 Lawyers by reader poll, MyVegas Magazine, 2019, Voted one of Las Vegas' Top 100 Lawyers, My Vegas Magazine, 2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Mountain States, 2015 - 2017, Rising Stars List, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Tiffany Ballenger was listed in the Legal Network publication list of Top Lawyers in Nevada, 2015, Named - "Top Lawyers in Nevada" List, The Legal Network, 2016
- Tiffany Ballenger was listed in Nevada Business magazine's list of "Legal Elite", published 2015, Included in the "Legal Elite" List, Nevada Business Magazine, 2015
- Client's Choice Award, 2013 - 2015, Client's Choice Award, Avvo.com, 2015
- Tiffany Ballenger was listed in the Legal Network publication list of Top Lawyers in Nevada, 2015, Named - "Top Lawyers in Nevada" List, The Legal Network, 2015
- Top Lawyers, Estate Planning, Desert Companion Magazine, 2014
- B.A. - University of California, Santa Barbara , 2003
- Continuing Legal Education seminar for attorneys, December 2017, Co-Author, Presenter, "Estate Planning From A to Z", National Business Institute, 2017
- Foreclosure and Loan Workout Procedures- Continuing Education course for attorneys, Co-Author, Presenter, Foreclosure and Loan Workout Procedures, National Business Institute, 2013
- FGM: Legal and Non Legal Approaches to Eradication, Author, FGM: Legal and Non Legal Approaches to Eradication, Journal of Law & Social Challenges, University of San Francisco School of Law, 2008
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney: Pro Bono Children's Attorney Project, which provides legal representation to abused/neglected children, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2019
- Volunteer Business Mentor: Business Advising Program thru Pacific Community Ventures, 2018
- Volunteer Attorney: Pro Bono Children's Attorney Project, which provides legal representation to abused/neglected children, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2018
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of Nevada as Homeowner Attorney Representative- Advisory Committee on the Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program (2012- 2014), 2014
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada- Pro Bono Service, 2013
- Asset Protection
- Business Formation And Planning
- Estate Planning
Last Updated: 5/15/2022