Thomas E. Drendel
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
As senior partner of Bradley, Drendel & Jeanney, Thomas E. Drendel is committed to serving his clients in the Washoe County, Nevada, area, focusing on personal injury cases including car accidents, product liability, premises liability and brain injury.
Mr. Drendel received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Reno in 1979 and his Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, in 1983, and is admitted to practice law in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
As a dedicated personal injury attorney with several successful multi-million dollar settlements, Mr. Drendel was selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America*, Mountain States Super Lawyers, American College of Trial Lawyers and American Board of Trial Advocates. His work with clients in such cases as trucking and automobile collisions, traumatic brain injury, and product liability has earned him the reputation of one of Reno's most experienced personal injury attorneys.
In addition to an active career of winning landmark cases on behalf of injured victims, Mr. Drendel served on the Nevada Supreme Court as the chairman of the Amicus Curiae Committee of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association from 1990 until 2006. He spent several years of dedicated service on the Board of Governors of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, and throughout his career he has lectured at seminars and lobbied for consumer rights at the Nevada State Legislature.
Mr. Drendel's experience in the Nevada Supreme Court, service on the Board of Governors of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association and five-year tenure as editor of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association magazine THE ADVOCATE have earned him the highest possible peer rating of AV-Preeminent** from Martindale-Hubbell.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2013. Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
**AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Thomas E. Drendel
First Admitted: 1983, Nevada
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdjlaw.com/attorney-thomas-e-drendel
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2002
- Washoe County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Nevada, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- State Bar of Nevada
- Chairman, Amicus Curiae Committee, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, 1990 - 2006
- Member, American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1983
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Board Member, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, 1985 - 1990
- Member, American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1983
- University of Nevada-Reno, B.A., 1979
- Award for distinguished service to the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association and the People of Nevada., Badger Award, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, 1991
- Award for professionalism and civiity in the advocacy of civil cases., Civility Award, American Board of Trial Advocates Reno Chapter, 2008
- American College of Trial Lawyers, American Board of Trial Advocates, Best Lawyers In America, Mountain States Super Lawyers,
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association Publication, Editor, The Advocate, 1994
- American Board Of Trial Advocates; American Association For Justice; Nevada Justice Association
Last Updated: 6/13/2022