D. Michael Noonan
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Dover, NH
Attorney D. Michael Noonan is the president and managing director of the Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., law firm, and he helped create the firm's Anti-Discrimination and Diversity Committee. The firm has five total law offices across New Hampshire and Maine, and Mr. Noonan represents clients in each of those states as well as Massachusetts and Vermont who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Personal injury and wrongful death
· Product liability
· Class actions and mass torts
During his time advocating on behalf of those who suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence, Mr. Noonan has achieved considerable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff clients both inside and outside the courtroom. From his efforts, he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for individuals and families adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective products, unsafe property conditions, dangerous pharmaceuticals, defective medical devices and other preventable tragedies.
Among his most recent successes, Mr. Noonan achieved a settlement of more than $1.7 million for a pedestrian struck by a tractor-trailer and a $1.5 million settlement for a fall victim. He has also obtained many other awards well in excess of a million dollars for his plaintiff clients at trial as well as at arbitration, and he has earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In further recognition for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Noonan has received consistent designation as one of the country's best trial attorneys from The Best Lawyers in America since 2008 along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He is also a fellow with the prestigious American Bar Foundation, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1987 graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Mr. Noonan attended Boston University School of Law as a Paul J. Liacos Scholar, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1990. He holds his license to practice in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Districts of New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont, as well as the U.S. Claims Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Noonan is a member of several local, state and national legal organizations, including the American and New Hampshire Associations for Justice, the Maine Trial Lawyers Association and the North American Brain Injury Society, among many others. He is also a member of Public Justice, the Trial Law Institute and the Diversity Law Institute, and he is a barrister with the Order of Veritas.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About D. Michael Noonan
First Admitted: 1990, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: https://www.shaheengordon.com/attorneys/d-michael-noonan/
- Featured in New England Super Lawyers since 2010
- Honored as a Paul J. Liacos scholar, Boston University School of Law
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America since 2008.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Barrister, Order of Veritas
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Public Justice
- North American Brain Injury Society
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- The Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Vermont State Bar, 2004
- Maine Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 1990
- United States Claims Court
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- United States Supreme Court, 1999
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Fellow, American Bar Association Foundation, 2016
- Vermont Bar Association
- New Hampshire State Bar, 1990
- Massachusetts State Bar, 1991
- New Hampshire Association for Justice
- United States District Court, District of Maine, 1992
- New Hampshire Association for Justice, AAJ Delegate
- United States District Court, District of Vermont, 2005
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Maine State Bar, 1991
- Premises Liability***$275,000.00 settlement: Claimant was working as a delivery man delivering items to a supermarket in Southern Maine. On exiting the store after delivering the items, plaintiff fell on a crack in the ramp leading from the building. Plaintiff suffered a knee injury requiring several knee surgeries.
- Automobile vs. Motorcycle. $1.25 Million settlement at mediation during litigation. Plaintiff traveling as a passenger on a Motorcycle when Defendant failed to stop at a stop sign and struck the motorcycle with the front of the car. Plaintiff had approximately $100,000.00 in medical bills and a claim for a head injury and significant lost earnings.
- Automobile Accident $1,000,000.00 Arbitration Award: Serious head and leg injuries resulting from intersection accident, mild brain injury, permanent lower extremity impairment.
- Pedestrian vs. Automobile***$699,000.00 settlement: Elderly pedestrian walking on the sidewalk for his morning walk when an elderly female driver loses control of her vehicle driving up onto the sidewalk striking the pedestrian causing serious injuries to both legs. Pedestrian required hospitalization and rehabilitation to regain the use of his legs.
- Automobile Accident $1.7 million settlement: Tractor trailer driver making illegal u-turn hits pedestrian and causes serious, permanent injuries including head injury
- Automobile vs. Tractor Trailer***$550,000.00 settlement: Tractor trailer driving down a rural hill, Plaintiff driving up the hill on the opposite side of the road, collision occurs near the center line during a snow storm causing serious injuries to the Plaintiff. Case settled during litigation for $550,000.00.
- Pharmaceutical/Products Liability case. $1,050,000.00 Woman suffered a stroke after using an over the counter cold medication. Case settled during litigation.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.A., 1987
Last Updated: 5/18/2022