Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Exeter, NH
Katharine Phinney is an attorney at Russman Law, where she focuses her practice primarily on family law matters. From the firm's offices in Exeter, New Hampshire, she provides dedicated assistance to clients throughout Rockingham and Strafford counties and other parts of the greater Portsmouth metropolitan area. Ms. Phinney has been admitted to practice in New Hampshire since 2009.
The majority of Ms. Phinney's practice involves her representation of people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are thus having to deal with such issues as child custody and visitation, property division, and spousal and child support. A forceful courtroom advocate for her clients when litigation is necessary, her background in mediation and collaborative divorce allows her to often help them reach an accord on some of these matters through the use of those less-adversarial alternative dispute resolution methods. In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. Phinney also helps clients whose marriages have already been dissolved and who are now attempting to obtain modifications to or the enforcement of existing support and parenting orders. Her family law experience also includes adoptions as well as helping domestic violence victims to obtain appropriate protective orders. Highly regarded by her colleagues for her successful track record and high degree of ethics, Ms. Phinney has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
After majoring in political science at The University of Vermont and receiving a Bachelor of Science magna cum laude in 2004, Ms. Phinney pursued her legal education at Valparaiso University School of Law. While she was there, she served judicial and law firm clerkships before being awarded her Juris Doctor summa cum laude in 2009. Ms. Phinney was an assistant county attorney before joining her current firm.
About Katharine Phinney
First Admitted: 2009, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: https://www.russmanlaw.com/katharine-phinney
- Top Honors: Torts; Business Associations; Pretrial Skills; Legal Drafting General Practice; Legal Drafting Local Government; Remedies Law; Uniform Commercial Code: Sales and Commercial Paper
- University of Vermont, B.S. in Political Science, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, 2004
- Granite State College - Law and Society Class, Adjunct Professor, Spring 2015
- Rockingham County Bar Association, Member, 2011 – Present
- Charles D. Doe American Inn of Court, Member, 2010-2011
- Family Law Section, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- Rockingham County Bar Association, Vice President, 2012 – 2013
- Rockingham County Bar Association, President, 2013 – 2014
- New Hampshire Adult Parole Board Member, Appointed in 2017 by Governor Sununu and served until 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022