Richard E. Samdperil
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Exeter, New HampshireSamdperil & Welsh, PLLC
Richard E. Samdperil has more than 25 years of trial and appellate experience and serves clients throughout New Hampshire. A significant number of his cases are in Rockingham and Strafford counties, including courts in Brentwood, Candia, Derry, Dover, Hampton, Manchester, Portsmouth, Rochester and Salem.
Attorney Samdperil focuses his practice on DUI, criminal defense and personal injury law. The majority of his practice is devoted to DUI defense and criminal defense and he regularly represents clients charged with misdemeanors, felonies and homicides. His personal injury practice includes litigating matters involving auto accidents and other types of torts.
Attorney Samdperil has taught lawyers and students on a variety of subjects, including ethics & practical skills and criminal procedure & practice, and has been a contributing author to criminal defense publications on topics such as identification evidence. He is an adjunct professor at the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law and formerly a criminal justice instructor at Saint Anselm College.
Attorney Samdperil is a member of the New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the New Hampshire Bar Association, where has served on various organizational committees and previously co-chaired the NHBA criminal practice section.
He is a graduate of the Northeastern University School of Law and has been licensed to practice law since 1995.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Appellate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, Appeals, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Trucking accidents
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: http://www.swnhlaw.com/about-us/new-hampshire-attorneys/rich...
- Contributing Author, A Practical Guide to Evidence in New Hampshire (1st edition 2010, 2012 supplement, and 2nd edition 2020)
- Interim Director, University of New Hampshire School of Law Criminal Practice Clinic (2019-2020)
- Utilizing Forensic Evidence in Criminal Cases (2012-2013 edition)
- Program Co-Chair, Ethics for Public Sector Lawyers, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, June 22, 2016
- Program Chair, Public Sector Ethics: Ethics Is Not A Game, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, June 24, 2015
- DWI Litigation: Keeping Pace with a Rapidly Changing Landscape, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, May 15, 2014
- Superior Court Civil Practice: New Rules & Far More, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, September 25, 2013
- Sentencing Law and Practice From All Perspectives, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, November 9, 2012
- Utilizing Forensic Science in Criminal Cases (2012 ed.), Aspatore (Thomson Reuters), October, 2012
- A Practical Guide to Evidence in New Hampshire, MCLE, New England, 1st Edition (2010) and July 16, 2012 (Supplement)
- Anatomy of a Criminal Jury Trial, New Hampshire Bar Association, Concord, New Hampshire, November 5, 2010
- Challenging Fingerprint Evidence, New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Manchester, New Hampshire, May 21, 2010
- The Role of the Defense Attorney in the Criminal Justice System, The Big Read: NH Reads To Kill a Mockingbird, Weeks Public Library, Greenland, New Hampshire, March 24, 2010
- Panelist, Discussion of National Academy of Science Report, International Association for Identification, New England Division, Freeport, Maine, November 12, 2009
- Criminal Law, Adjunct Faculty Member, University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire, 2012-2013
- Criminal Law, Adjunct Faculty Member, Criminal Justice Department, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, New Hampshire, 2007-2008
- New Hampshire Judicial Council (member and vice-chair)
- Seacoast Science Center, Rye, New Hampshire, Past Board Chair and Member, 2014-2019
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1997-Present
- New Hampshire Bar Association (past committee service: Professionalism Committee, Ethics Committee, Committee on Cooperation with the Courts) (section membership: Criminal Justice (past co-chair), Appellate)
- Seacoast Science Center, past board member and board chair
- Rockingham County Bar Association, past board member and President
- New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1996-Present
Office location for Richard E. Samdperil
100 High Street
Exeter, NH 03833
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022