William D. Woodbury
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Laconia, New HampshireNormandin, Cheney & O'Neil, PLLC
William D. Woodbury is an attorney with the Normandin, Cheney & O'Neil, PLLC, a law firm in Laconia, New Hampshire. A highly versatile attorney with more than 16 years of legal experience, Mr. Woodbury represents a diverse range of clients throughout the Lakes Region and surrounding counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Family law and divorce
- Criminal defense
- Personal injury
- Social Security Disability and workers' compensation
- Employment law
- Elder abuse and financial exploitation
- Construction law and mechanic's liens
- Neighbor disputes, landlord-tenant issues, and other similar matters
No matter the legal challenges his clients are facing, Mr. Woodbury delivers the personalized counsel and dedicated support they need to make the best-informed decisions on the matters that affect their cases. A passionate advocate for those he serves, he maintains an unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and interests and helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A native of New Hampshire, Mr. Woodbury has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the residents and businesses of his community. He also has 11 years of experience working as an EMT in his region, and his medical background makes him all the more effective when dealing with the medical aspect of his injury clients' claims.
Recognized for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Woodbury holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned other top rankings from his peers. He has also received high ratings and positive reviews from his clients online, as well as many testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 1995 graduate of the University of New Hampshire, Mr. Woodbury obtained his Juris Doctor in 2003 from Syracuse University College of Law. While there, he was the managing editor of the Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology Law, and he also served as a teaching assistant in the college's International Research and Writing Program as well as co-director of the Grant Opportunities Public Interest Program.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Woodbury is the immediate past president of the New Hampshire Association for Justice, where he continues to serve as chair of the organization's Legislative Committee. He is also an active member of the New Hampshire Bar Association, the Belknap County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Family Law, Criminal Defense
- 40% General Litigation
- 30% Family Law
- 30% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2004, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: http://ncolaw.com/attorneys/william-woodbury/
- New Hampshire Association for Justice, Immediate Past President
- New Hampshire Association for Justice, Legislative Committee Chairman
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Belknap County Bar Association, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- Managing Editor of the Syracuse Law and Technology Journal, Syracuse University College of Law, 2003
- Certificate in Criminal Justice from McIntosh College,1997
- The University of New Hampshire, Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, 1995
- New Hampshire Association for Justice President's Award, 2011
- Syracuse University College of Law, Co-director of the Grant Opportunities Public Interest Program; Teaching assistant in S.U.’s International Research and Writing Program, 2003
Office location for William D. Woodbury
213 Union Avenue
Laconia, NH 03247
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2014