Holly B. Haines
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Manchester, New HampshireAbramson Brown & Dugan
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury
Licensed in New Hampshire since: 2000
Holly B. Haines is a top-rated attorney selected to Super Lawyers for 2018 - 2023. She works at Abramson Brown & Dugan, located in Manchester, New Hampshire, and provides legal services for issues involving Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff and Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff to the surrounding community.
Holly Haines completed legal studies at University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law and graduated with the class of 2000. Holly Haines passed the bar in 2000.
Only a few attorneys from each state are selected to Super Lawyers designation for any given year. The multi-factor selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice.
First Admitted: 2000, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: http://www.arbd.com/holly-b-haines
- Holly authored an exhaustive demographic study of women in the New Hampshire Judiciary titled Balancing the Scales of Justice - Achieving a Critical Mass of Women in the New Hampshire Judiciary for the NH Bar Journal, 51 NHBJ 1:28 (Summer 2010). Holly has also co-authored several journal articles addressing various areas of NH law including, Mismanaged Methadone Treatment: A Prescription for Personal Injury, 32 TBN 165 (Fall 2010); Broad Based Senate Bill for "Tort Reform" Deemed Inexpedient to Legislate Consistent with National Trends, 32 TBN 121 (Summer 2010); Medical Provider Liability to Non-Patient Third-Parties for Negligent Medical Care and Prescribing Practices 31 TBN 9 (Winter 2009); Medical Malpractice Liability in the Information Age - the Evolution of the Physician-Patient Relationship on the New Healthcare Frontier 30 TBN 117 (Summer 2008); Using the Internet Effectively In Medical Malpractice Cases 29 TBN 121 (Summer 2007); and Screening Panels for Medical Injury Claims Under RSA 519-B: Implementation, Effect, and Issues on the Horizon 48 NHBJ 1 (Spring 2007). Holly has also authored several columns and articles, including the New Hampshire Supreme Court At-A-Glance Column, 16 NHBN 7, pg 22 (September 2005); New Hampshire Women's Bar at ABA Event 16 NHBN 21, pg 12 (May 2006); McDonalds Corporation, Shell Oil Corporation, and the New Hampshire Women's Bar Association NHWBA Newsletter (Spring 2006); Book Review: Anatomy for Litigators By Samuel D. Hodge NHBN (April 2007). Holly is the editor of and a regular contributor to the New Hampshire Women's Bar Association's monthly electronic newsletter. Holly has organized, presented or been a faculty member at several continuing education seminars, including: the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Annual New Hampshire Practice Series CLE (Pierce Law Center, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011); Handling Medical Negligence Claims (National Business Institute, 2007);Tackling Advanced Medical Malpractice Issues (The National Business Institute, 2007); Preparing a Civil Case for A Successful Outcome (Paralegal Association of New Hampshire, 2006, 23rd Annual Meeting); and Developments and Issues in Medical Malpractice (Merrimack Valley Christian Academy, 2005). Holly has also spoken on gender equality in the justice field at the University of New Hampshire in 2010 and on numerous panels to law students at Franklin Pierce Law Center regarding career services issues, mentoring and litigation and she regularly acts as a judge during student moot court competitions at the Law Center.
- JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire, 2000
- BA - Political Science - Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA Minor: International Studies with merit scholarship Concentration: Legal Studies, 1996
- American Bar Association 2004-present; Commission on Women in the Profession - Women in Law Leadership Academy 2006, 2008; American Bar Foundation Fellow 2012-present. , 2004
- New Hampshire Association for Justice - Board of Governors 2014-present; Executive Committee 2015-present; Secretary 2016-2017; Treasurer 2017-2018; AAJ Revitalization Governor 2014-2018; Membership Services Chair 2014-2017, 2014
- American Association for Justice - Board of Governors 2014-present; Professional Negligence Section Executive Committee; Membership Oversight Committee; National Finance Council; Public Affairs Committee; Public Education Committee; Women's Trial Lawyers Caucus , 2014
- New Hampshire Bar Association (New Hampshire Bar News Committee - Chair, Editorial Board 2006-2010 and Member, 2004-2006, 2010-2014; New Hampshire Bar Journal Editorial Board Member 2004-2014; Gender Equality Committee 2010-2014); New Hampshire Bar Foundation Fellow 2016-present (Chair - Fostering Legal Independence Program), 2004
- New Hampshire Women's Bar Association (Immediate Past President 2012-2014, President, 2010-2012, Treasurer, 2008-2010; Public Relations Officer, 2006-2008; Board of Directors 2006-2014; Sustaining Member 2003-present)., 2006
- Manchester Bar Association - Member 2003- present., 2003
- The Robert E. Kirby Award was established in 1996 to honor the memory of Bob Kirby, a young lawyer "of great skill, civility and good humor" who died that year at the age of 35. Kirby was an attorney with the Concord law firm of Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell. The purpose of the award is to honor Bob's memory and to remind all of us that decency, courtesy and perspective neither inhibits nor defeats excellent advocacy. The Kirby Award recipient is an attorney 35 years old or younger who demonstrates the traits of civility, courtesy, perspective and excellent advocacy., Robert E. Kirby Award, NH Bar Foundation, 2011
- Robert E. Kirby Award, NH Bar Foundation, 2011
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. Our lists of outstanding attorneys are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers., Best Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Law Plaintiffs, U.S. News The Best Lawyers in America, 2016
- Best Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Law Plaintiffs, Best Lawyers, 2017
- Best Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Law Plaintiffs, 2016
- Best Lawyers - Plaintiffs' Personal Injury, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Best Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Law Plaintiffs, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Best Lawyers - Lawyer of the Year Plaintiff's Personal Injury Law, Best Lawyers, 2018
- New Hampshire Association for Justice President's Award, New Hampshire Association for Justice, 2017
- New Hampshire Bar Foundation Fellows Program - Chair - Fostering Legal Independence Program, 2016
- American Association For Justice
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2015