Judith L. Bomster
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Manchester, New HampshireSheehan Phinney
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law; view more
Licensed in New Hampshire since: 2000
Judith L. Bomster is an attorney and shareholder at Sheehan Phinney in Manchester, New Hampshire. She primarily focuses on providing legal assistance to the elderly population and handles matters involving special needs planning, elder law, wills and, trusts and estate planning representing clients throughout the Manchester area, as well as the city of Concord, and Hillsborough and Merrimack counties.
Practicing law in New Hampshire since 2000, Ms. Bomster holds licenses to practice law before all New Hampshire state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire. She is a committed advocate for her clients and is dedicated to helping them achieve their legal goals. Her background in business law is an asset in terms of helping her clients form a plan designed for maximum security and legal protection.
In honor of her accomplishments, the Best Lawyers has recognized Ms. Bomster as the Lawyer of the Year for her exemplary legal work in elder law and she is rated “Superb” on Avvo. She is a fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and regularly speaks for continuing legal education programs at legal associations, educational institutions and various organizations.
Serving many roles within the legal community, Ms. Bomster serves on the board of trustees of Disability Rights Center – New Hampshire, and she is a member of the Special Needs Alliance’s publication committee. She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Trust and Estate Law section. She previously served as an officer and director of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys – New Hampshire Chapter.
Ms. Bomster earned a bachelor’s degree from Rhode Island College and went on to graduate magna cum laude from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor in 2000. Focusing on gaining practical legal experience early on during her days as a law school student, she served as an extern clerk at the New Hampshire Supreme Court and later as a student attorney with the New Hampshire Appellate Defender's Office.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Elder Law
Estate Planning, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Elder Law
First Admitted: 2000, New Hampshire
Professional Webpage: https://www.sheehan.com/attorneys/bomster-judith-l/
- B.A. from Rhode Island College in 1992
- , Lawyer of the Year by US News & World Report’s Best Lawyers 2021
- , Best Lawyers in America
- , New England Super Lawyers
- , Magna Cum Laude
- New Hampshire Bar Association’s Ethics Committee, including as Chair and Vice-Chair
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire
- NH Estate Planning Council
- NH Bar’s Trust and Estate Section, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Board of Trustees of the Disability Rights Center-NH
- Special Needs Alliance (SNA), Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Board of Trustees of Birch Hill Terrace
- NH Bar Association, Lectured
- Co-Authored a chapter entitled “Special Needs Trusts” in the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education publication “A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in New Hampshire.”
- SNA Publications Committee, both authoring and editing articles
- UNH School of Law, Lectured
Office location for Judith L. Bomster
1000 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03101
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023