John W. Tumelty
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney John W. Tumelty is the founder and owner of Law Offices of John W. Tumelty, which has offices located in Atlantic City and Marmora, New Jersey. Serving clients throughout Atlantic, Ocean, Gloucester and Cape May counties and all along the Jersey Shore, Mr. Tumelty devotes his practice exclusively to criminal defense, and he provides unmatched legal counsel and support to those who stand accused of DUI/DWI, assault, murder, domestic violence, sex crimes, drug crimes, weapons offenses and all other types of felonies and misdemeanors.
Certified as a criminal trial attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court, Mr. Tumelty has more than 30 total years of legal experience, including serving as deputy attorney general with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office as well as assistant county prosecutor with the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office. His past prosecutorial experience provides him with a unique and invaluable insight into the criminal justice system, which allows him to devise the most effective strategies possible for the accused.
Due to his unprecedented success as a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Tumelty has earned numerous awards and honors from his peers, including recognition from the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys and a Top Ten Ranking from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. Moreover, he has received Superb client ratings on Avvo and the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys. His law firm also holds accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
A 1979 graduate of Rider College in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, Mr. Tumelty obtained his Juris Doctor from Widener University Delaware Law School in 1983. He holds his license to practice in Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey, and he is an active member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys and the New Jersey State Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations. He also served on the New Jersey State Bar District Ethics Committee from 2004 to 2008.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 30%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About John W. Tumelty
First Admitted: 1983, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.johntumeltylaw.com/attorney-profile/
- 32-years Criminal Law Experience as a Criminal Defense Attorney and Former Prosecutor
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys (2016 Client Satisfaction Award)
- New Jersey, 1984
- Former Assistant County Prosecutor – Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office, Trial Section
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Former State Prosecutor – Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Criminal Justice
- Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys of New Jersey
- Rider College, Lawrenceville, New Jersey, B.S., Major: Accounting, 1979
Pro bono/Community Service
- New Jersey State Bar District Ethics Committee, 2004 – 2008
- New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Criminal Trial Attorney, 1991
- New Jersey Supreme Court Municipal Court Law Attorney, 2015
- Atlantic City Criminal Lawyer, John W. Tumelty, discusses his law firm and criminal practice areas serving client throughout Atlantic County and Cape May County, New Jersey., Criminal Lawyer in Atlantic City, Criminal Defense Attorney, 2016
- DWI Attorney, John W. Tumelty, discusses how to beat DWI charges in Atlantic County and Cape May County in New Jersey., 3 Ways to Beat DWI Charges in New Jersey, DWI Attorney In Atlantic City, NJ, 2016
- Learn more about open container laws in New Jersey, along with some of the penalties that can come with breaking th… https://t.co/poxYfR8GVq
- What does it mean to be indicted? Learn more in our latest blog post. https://t.co/LogkeVZPIu
- How do law enforcement officials in New Jersey detect high drivers? Learn more in our latest blog post. https://t.co/l2jywKQxmF
- What exactly does it mean to face perjury charges? https://t.co/Yxel8LxYZw
- Learn more about the different crimes that can be charged as criminal assault in our latest blog post. https://t.co/MtZN9u6mf0
Last Updated: 5/15/2022