Top rated Family Law attorney in Bayonne, New JerseyWeiner Law Group, LLP
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2003
Education: New York Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Greek
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Sotiria Makrogiannis is a partner in the law firm of Weiner Law Group, LLP. She primarily handles complex family law-related cases throughout New Jersey that include issues of domestic violence, custody, child and spousal support, evaluation of businesses, and equitable distribution.
Prior to joining the Weiner Law Group, Sotiria started her career in 2003 as an associate and after three years of hard work and dedication, became partner of Bielan, Miklos and Makrogiannis, P.C., where she managed the firm through 2023.
She prides herself on her devotion to her clients as well as her tenacity and dedication to meeting her client’s needs. She strongly believes in being available to her clients during their difficult time and in moving the process along as quickly and painlessly as possible. She is a true advocate and is unequivocally in her client’s corner when she takes on their case.
In addition to her professional career, she has received various awards including Family Lawyer of the Year Award from the Hudson County Bar Association in 2015. Super Lawyer’s Rising Star for 2015, 2016, and 2017 and American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best for Client Satisfaction
Sotiria is an active member of the community. She served as President of the Hudson County Bar Association in 2020. She is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Hudson County Bar Association including the Family Division Section where she sat as co-chair of the Hudson County Family Division.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2003, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.weiner.law/
- New Jersey City University, Jersey City, New JerseyBachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice (Dean's List)Minor: Political Science, 2000
- Hudson County Family Lawyer of the Year , 2015
- President, Hudson County Bar Association, 2020
- Member of the Hudson County Chamber of Commerce
- Co-chair, Hudson County Family Division Section
- U.S. District of New Jersey, 2004
- Past Member, Hudson County Workmen's Compensation Committee, 2004-2006
- Member and Trustee, Hudson County Bar Association
- State of New York, 2004
- Past Member, Hudson County Municipal Committee, 2004-2006
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- State of New Jersey, 2003
Office location for Sotiria Makrogiannis
33 West 8th Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017