Robert F. Brogan
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Brick, New JerseyArcher Brogan, LLP
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Elder law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1994
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Camden
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Archer Brogan, LLP74 Brick Boulevard
Bldg. 2, Suite 203
Brick, NJ 08723 Visit website
Bob Brogan is a senior partner & co-founder of Archer Brogan, LLP, a boutique practice focused exclusively on elder law, special needs planning, and trust & estate planning.
Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA-accredited National Elder Law Foundation, Bob has held national leadership positions in the Elder Law and Special Needs field. He is a respected expert sought by continuing education providers to teach attorneys across the country about Medicaid, Trust & Estate Taxation and Administration, Special Needs Planning.
Bob currently serves as Treasurer on the Board of Directors of the Special Needs Alliance, an invitation-only national affiliation of attorneys dedicated to those with special needs and public benefits. He is also a member of the Counsel of Advanced Practitioners, a consortium of preeminent innovators and leaders in Elder Law. Bob has been selected in the list for inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine’s each year since 2008 and has received an A-V Preeminent Peer Review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Some of his past positions of distinction included service as a Director on the Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Chapter President NJ-NAELA, Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Elder & Disability Law Section and Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center, to name a few. Bob is a graduate of Rutgers College (with high honors in Journalism), Rutgers Law – Camden (now Rutgers Law School) and the Charles Widger School of Law at Villanova University from which he earned an LL.M. in Taxation.
He is the author of articles published by New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Suffolk University School of Law, National Business Institute, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, the Special Needs Alliance, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Bob has been dating his wife, Jen, for over 35 years and they have been happily married for almost 30 years. His proudest accomplishment is his role as father of their eight wonderful, home-schooled children, one of whom has ASD.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
“For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.’”
John Greenleaf Whittier
“So, live each day appreciating God’s many blessings in our lives, putting your gifts to good use for the service of others, and embracing life’s opportunities with joy in your heart.”
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 50% Elder law
First Admitted: 1994, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://archerbrogan.com/robert-f-brogan/
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the American Bar Association Approved National Elder Law Foundation
- Rutgers College, B.A., with high honors in journalism, 1994
- LL.M. in Taxation from the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, 2019
- Rabbi Jacob Unger Talmudic Law Award, Rutgers School of Law Camden, 1994
- Outstanding Chapter Member Award, NJNAELA, 2013
- AV Rated, Martindalle Hubbell, 2011
- Attorney-of-the-Month, Attorney-at-Law Magazine, Central Jersey Premiere Issue, 2013
- Legislative Advocacy Award, New Jersey State Bar Association
- http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx, Pre-Eminent A-V Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2011
- Author, Be An Advocate, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, 2003
- Author & Lecturer, Annuities, New Jersey ICLE, 2006
- Author and Presenter, Medicaid Planning Techniques After Passage of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, NJ ICLE, 2006
- Co-Presenter, A Case Study in Community Medicaid and Waiver Programs, NJ ICLE, 2002
- Presenter/Moderator, Navigating the Medicaid Maze, NJ ICLE, 2008
- Moderated panel presentation on Protecting Seniors from Abuse, Moderator, NJ ICLE, 2003
- Co-Author and Co-Presenter for Medicaid Planning in Guardianships, NJ ICLE, 2004
- Presenter, Panel discussing Medicaid Planning strategies after passage of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, Suffolk University School of Law, 2006
- Impact of the pending Medicaid Reform Legislation and need for political response to Congressional activity, NJ ICLE, 2005
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Law and Aging, Georgetown Law Center, 2014
- Director on the Board of Directors, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2006
- Past Chair, Ocean County Bar Association's Elder Law Section
- Member, Ocean County Bar Association
- Director on the Board of Directors of the Special Needs Alliance, 2015
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chapter President of NJNAELA, 2012
- Treasurer, Special Needs Alliance, 2022
- Member, American Bar Association
- Chair of the Elder & Disability Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association., 2009
- Lecturer: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements, Expert Lecturer, National Academy Of Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- On behalf of NBI, I lectured on IRA Trusts, with my presentation focused on new and upcoming developments, avoiding pitfalls and ethics., IRA Trusts: Rules and Mistakes, NBI (National Business Institute, 2016
- Council Of Advanced Practitioners (in Elder Law)
- Special Needs Alliance
Office location for Robert F. Brogan
74 Brick Boulevard
Bldg. 2, Suite 203
Brick, NJ 08723
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023