Top rated family law attorney in Chatham, New JerseyLazor Rantas, PC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1998
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Jennifer Lazor is a partner at the law firm Lazor Rantas, PC, which has its offices in Chatham, New Jersey. She concentrates her practice on family law matters such as divorce, custody, child support, parenting time, post-judgment modification, domestic violence and equitable distribution of assets. She also takes on matters involving business valuations, asset tracing, and support issues that include complex executive compensation.
Ms. Lazor pays attention to the details when working on any case, and she forms customized strategies for each client’s unique case. She provides compassionate legal services and serves as a zealous and tenacious advocate for her clients’ legal rights and best interests.
A history major graduate, Ms. Lazor received her bachelor’s degree with honors from the Lafayette College. She attended Rutgers School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1998. While in law school, she served as an editor of the Women’s Rights Law Reporter.
Ms. Lazor is board-certified as a matrimonial trial attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. She is also a certified family law mediator. She uses alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve her clients’ matters in a less contentious manner, but she is also well-known for her impeccable litigation skills.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Lazor is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the Morris County Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Essex County Bar Association’s Family Law Section. She was a former member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee.
Additionally, Ms. Lazor is a Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, where she serves as a volunteer mediator for courts. Honored for her notable work in the field of family law, she has a “Good” rating on Avvo and has been listed by Best Lawyers in the area of family law and family law mediation.
Practice areasFamily law
Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Mediation & collaborative law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1998, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://lazorrantas.com/attorneys/jennifer-lazor-esq/
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
- Villa Walsh Academy
- Lafayette College, with honors in History, 1994
- District XA Ethics Committee, Member
- New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, Non-Dissolution Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, Member
- Morris and Essex County Bar Associations (Including Family Law Sections), 2020
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member (Including Family Section), 2018
- Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist
- Selected for inclusion to Super Lawyers list, Family Law and Family Law Mediation
- Selected for inclusion to New Jersey Rising Star, Family Law
- Best Lawyer, Family Law and Family Law Mediation
- A Custody and Parenting Checklist
- Editor on the Women’s Rights Law Reporter, Rutgers School of Law
- Should you get a Divorce?
Office location for Jennifer Lazor
97 Main Street
Chatham, NJ 07928
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
Find me online
- 🥂 Happy New Year! The attorneys at Lazor Rantas wish you a very happy New Year. May it be full of fresh beginnings… https://t.co/yEmyDPGNTb
- Here's to new beginnings 🍾 🥂 🎉 Whatever happiness looks like for you, we hope you find it in the New Year.… https://t.co/RVkau2D9Zx
- Happy Kwanzaa 🎉 We hope you spend this time celebrating your heritage and making new memories with your family and… https://t.co/sIu6qondCw