Alan H. Schorr
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Cherry Hill, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
When he founded Alan H. Schorr & Assoc PC, Mr. Schorr made a commitment to advocate for people who are facing employment law issues. For decades, he has handled cases involving matters, such as wrongful termination, unemployment appeals, sexual harassment, discrimination and harassment . Having strong community roots in New Jersey, Mr. Schorr represents people throughout the state, including those in Camden, Burlington and Gloucester counties.
Mr. Schorr holds an Avvo "Superb" rating. He has been instrumental in not only securing verdicts and settlements for people who have been wronged, but also for shaping the landscape of employment law. Several of his cases have resulted in landmark rulings regarding discrimination and sexual harassment.
A trained civil mediator, Mr. Schorr knows how to find efficient solutions that save clients time and money. He is also adept at negotiating contracts on behalf of employees and representing them in administrative hearings and arbitration. Mr. Schorr is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd and 9th Circuits, and the U.S. District Courts for the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
A former business owner himself, Mr. Schorr has a background steeped in corporate knowledge. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Thomas Edison State University and received a Master of Business Administration from Widener University in 1993. That same year, Mr. Schorr also graduated with a Juris Doctor from the Widener University Delaware Law School.
Today, Mr. Schorr enjoys memberships with the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Association for Justice, the Burlington County Bar Association, the Camden County Bar Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Contracts
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Alan H. Schorr
First Admitted: 1993, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.schorrlaw.com/attorneys/alan-schorr/
- Included in the Super Lawyers list; 2007-2016, the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters
- The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, 2017
- Lead Counsel rating from LeadCounsel.org. LeadCounsel is maintained by Thomson Reuters
- Advanced Issues In New Jersey Retaliation Law, March 2006
- An Upheaval in Unemployment Law, September 2010
- Conducting Informal Interviews of the Employees of the Defendant Employer, October 2005
- Damages Issues – Proving the Past and Predicting the Future, October 2014
- Defending the Plaintiff from Overreaching Discovery, April 2005
- Discovery In Sexual Harassment Case May Include Complaints By Others
- Discovery Of Defendants Investigation Of Plaintiffs Complaints And Other Acts Of Discrimination
- Discovery Of Other Acts Of Discrimination – A Logical Progression Of The Law
- Discovery Of Other Acts Of Discrimination And Other Complaints Of Discrimination Against Employers
- Employment Issues Arising From Workers Compensation Injuries Nov 2011 Update
- Increasing Plaintiffs Damages by Limiting Offsets Against Back and Front Pay Awards, October 2000
- Individual Liability Under LAD and CEPA, April 2012
- Is Failure to Reasonably Accommodate a Standalone Cause of Action, November 2012
- Preventing Subpoenas Served Upon Plaintiffs Current Employer, September 2011
- The Algebra of Mediation, March 2007
- Winters v North Hudson Regional Fire Rescue – A New Definition of Collateral Estoppel or Just Bad Facts, December 2012
- Workers Compensation Employment Issues, March 2008
- Stomel v. Camden
- Connolly v. Burger King Corp.
- Silver v. Board of Review
- Thomas A Edison College, Trenton, NJ, B.A.
- Widener University, Chester, PA, M.B.A., 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- Past-President, National Employment Lawyers Association, National & NJ
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- Camden County Bar Association
- Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1994
- Burlington County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022