Evan M. Levow
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Cherry Hill, New JerseyLevow DWI Law, P.C.
Practice Areas: DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1991
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Camden
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Evan M. Levow, the senior and managing partner of Levow DWI Law, P.C., represents clients charged with DWI throughout the entire state of New Jersey. Evan has successfully defended thousands of DWI cases.
With three decades of experience, Evan is considered highly skilled in DWI breath testing, blood testing, field sobriety testing, and urine testing. Mr. Levow was the first lawyer in NJ to be qualified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as an instructor in Field Sobriety Testing. Evan Levow represented the lead defendant in State v. Chun, the land mark DWI case challenging the Alcotest’s reliability.
Evan is a frequent lecturer to judges, police officers, and lawyers on breath and blood testing. He also conducts seminars for other DWI attorneys on the most aggressive approaches and defense strategies in DWI cases. Evan Levow was chosen to be the first President of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association (DUIDLA), a 1,000+ member national group of DUI / DWI attorneys and is presently President Emeritus of DUIDLA. Evan has been featured in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Newsday, The Courier Post, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Fox, and 10NBC.
Mr. Levow is admitted to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and before the United States Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit. Evan earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pittsburgh and went on to study law at Rutgers Law School. While earning his Juris Doctor degree, he was given the William S. Kulp Jr. Scholarship Award for outstanding scholar potential and academic excellence.
Mr. Levow is actively involved with a long list of professional organizations, including: the Camden County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the College for DUI Defense, and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
Mr. Levow has been selected, year after year, as a Best Lawyers in America and his law firm awarded DUI / DWI Best Law Firms in America. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, Mr. Levow holds the highest Martindale-Hubbell peer rating possible of AV Preeminent*.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 100% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1991, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.nj-dmv-dwi.com/attorneys/evan-levow-esq/
- Evan has been included in the list of Super Lawyers 2010 through 2022
- Evan was the first lawyer in New Jersey to be qualified as an instructor in the Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, and was the first attorney in the state to own both breath testing machines, the Draeger Alcotest® 7110 MKIII-C and the Breathalyzer®., National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Top defense attorneys, 2008-2022, Best Lawyers in America
- Best DWI Law Firms, 2012-2022, US News & World Report™
- AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics, Martindale Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers
- Certificate of Appreciation for "sustained dedicated unwavering commitment to justice in State of New Jersey v. Chun, et al.", National College for DUI Defense
- Awarded the William S. Kulp Jr. Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence and Outstanding Scholar Potential, William S. Kulp Jr. Scholarship
- Chosen as First President and President Emeritus, DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- The National College for DUI Defense named Evan Levow to its faculty, 2014, The National College for DUI Defense
- No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court., Disclaimer
- DWI Videos by Evan Levow, DWI Videos by Evan Levow
- Rutgers Law School, 1991
- University of Pittsburgh B.A., 1988
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- The DUI Defense Lawyers Association (DUIDLA), First President and President Emeritus
- Sustaining Member, National College for DUI Defense
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- New Jersey, 1991
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Camden County Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Civil Liberties Union
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.
- Lead lecturer in DWI/DUI Seminars in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Las Vegas, Dallas, Florida, New Orleans, Wyoming, Seattle, and Connecticut
- National College for DUI Defense, Staff
- Authoring The DWI Book – New Jersey
- Defending A DWI Blood Case, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Technical & Scientific Defenses in Alcotest Cases
- DWI lawyers on “Strategies to Win Bench Trials."
- Instructor, Standardized Field Sobriety Testing; Instructor, Forensic Blood & Urine Testing; Instructor Breath Testing; Trained in the operation and maintenance of the Alcotest breath testing machine
- State v. Renshaw
- State v. Kent
- State v. Chun (seminal case on the Draeger Alcotest 7110 MKIII-C breath testing machine and breath testing protocol in New Jersey) State v. Renshaw (seminal case on blood testing discovery issues in New Jersey) State v. Kent (seminal case on blood testing evidential issues in New Jersey)
- College For DUI Defense
- DUIDLA: DUI Defense Lawyers Association
Office location for Evan M. Levow
1415 Marlton Pike East, #400
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023