Mark S. Jacobs
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Cherry Hill, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
The founder of and managing partner at Jacobs, Schwalbe & Petruzzelli, P.C., Mark S. Jacobs divides his practice among workers' compensation and Social Security Disability Insurance claims and appeals, labor and employment law, and personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Based in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and with clients throughout the southern and central portions of the state, he is admitted to practice in New Jersey as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
In the workers' compensation area, Mr. Jacobs represents people who have been injured on the job or have contracted an occupational disease, and who are seeking their rightful benefits under their employer's insurance coverage. He often assists them with the preparation and submission of the required claim documentation, and provides advocacy in the event that a claim is disputed or denied. His SSDI clients are generally no longer able to work due to a physical or mental disability, and Mr. Jacobs shepherds them through what is often a lengthy and frustrating claims process.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Jacobs represents employees exclusively, and has experience in this regard has included discrimination, wrongful termination, and Family and Medical Leave Act disputes. His personal injury cases have arisen out of incidents involving motor vehicle accidents, premises liability and defective products. Highly regarded by his colleagues for his successful track record in all of these areas, Mr. Jacobs has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo and an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. A recipient of a Juris Doctor from the Camden branch of Rutgers Law School, he also holds an LL.M. from Temple University Beasley School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Social Security Disability
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2013
About Mark S. Jacobs
First Admitted: 1973, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.jacobslawoffice.com/About/Mark-S-Jacobs.shtml
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list by South Jersey Magazine, 2004 – 2015
- SJ Magazine Awesome Attorneys
- AV attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, 1989 - 2015
- Member of the National Registry of Who's Who
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President of the Jewish Federation of Southern NJ, 1996 - 1998
- Legal Counsel for United States Tennis Association Middle States Section of Junior Competition, 2010 - 2015
- "Fair Representation and Binding Arbitration", Commerce Clearing House Labor Law Journal
- Panel of speakers at the New Jersey Bar Association annual convention in Atlantic City who discussed "The Future of the Intoxication Defense"
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1973
- Member, New Jersey State Workers’ Compensation, Executive Committee, 2008 - Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1973 - 2015
- New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety and Healthy
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Past co-chair, Camden County Bar Association, 1973 - Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Temple University, M.A. in Labor law, 1980
Last Updated: 3/3/2022