Ryan J. Cooper
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Cranford, New JerseyCooper, LLC
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2006
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
An experienced and well-sought-after attorney with over 16 years of experience, Ryan J. Cooper is the founding partner of Cooper, LLC, located in Cranford, New Jersey. Primarily a business litigator, he assists the people of New Jersey and New York with mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, strategic business investments and shareholder disputes. He also takes on cases involving federal and state privacy laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, among many others.
A Rutgers University graduate, Mr. Cooper majored in political science and received his bachelor’s degree in 2003. The same year, he joined Rutgers Law School and earned his Juris Doctor with high honors in 2006. Here, at the university, he was inducted into the Order of the Coif and was also a member of the university’s moot court board.
Upon receiving his bar license to practice law in New Jersey in 2006, Mr. Cooper started his career as a law clerk to Honorable Renee Marie Bumb at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and served here for almost a year. Since then, he has worked at multiple premier national and international law firms, where he has gained a wealth of experience and knowledge while handling complex cases. He represents his clients before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 3rd Circuits and the Supreme Court of the U.S.
Mr. Cooper’s profound understanding of the business community in both the states of New York and New Jersey enables him to counsel his clients on a variety of matters. Whether it’s a simple case or a complex case requiring careful analysis and strategy, his extensive experience in the legal field allows him to seamlessly handle cases with ease and efficiency. He understands that each client has different goals and expectations for their case, and he diligently works to identify the key issues and develop a plan of action that meets their specific needs.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Insurance Coverage
- 60% Business Litigation
- 40% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 2006, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://cooperllc.com/about/ryan-j-cooper/
- Volunteer Member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Committee for Union County
- Trustee and Board Secretary for the ACLU-NJ
- Member of the Cranford Board of Education
- Certified as an Information Privacy Professional on US private sector law by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Silverman v. Miranda, 918 F. Supp. 2d 200 (S.D.N.Y. 2013)
- Pruco Life Insurance Co. v. Wilmington Trust Co., 616 F. Supp. 2d 210 (D.R.I. 2009)
- Ilarraza v. Medtronic, Inc., 677 F. Supp. 2d 582 (E.D.N.Y. 2009)
- DBA Distribution Services, Inc. v. All Source Freight Solutions, Inc., No. 11-cv-3901, 2012 WL 845929 at 4 (D.N.J. Mar. 13, 2012)
- In re Adoption of N.J.A.C. 5:96 and 5:97, 215 N.J. 578 (2013)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York
- Rutgers College, B.A.
Office location for Ryan J. Cooper
108 N Union Ave
Cranford, NJ 07016
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2016