Catherine F. Riordan
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Denville, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
A licensed lawyer for more than 20 years, Catherine F. Riordan founded Riordan & Associates, LLC, in 2020 in Denville, New Jersey. The scope of her family law practice encompasses divorce, child custody, child support, visitation, same-sex relationships, fathers’ rights, domestic violence and pre- and postnuptial agreements in the Morris, Essex and Somerset counties and the surrounding regions.
As a court-approved matrimonial law attorney and family law mediator, Ms. Riordan, armed with her legal knowledge, is driven to protect the rights of her clients. Caring and assertive, she works closely with clients and empowers them to devise appropriate and respectful options that work in the long term for cases ranging from simple mediations to the most complex matters involving significant assets and conflicts, which is reflected in her “Good” Avvo rating.
With a major in English and minors in psychology and criminal justice, Ms. Riordan earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1992 from Seton Hall University. She was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1997 by the Oklahoma City University School of Law. As an active law student, she involved herself in the law school’s Moot Court Board and the law fraternities, the Phi Alpha Delta and the Iota Tau Tau.
Qualified to practice law in New Jersey, Ms. Riordan argues before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Supreme Court of the United States. She functions as co-chair of the Young Lawyers Division of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Family Law Section. Her memberships are in organizations, including the Morris County Bar Association and the Worrall F. Mountain American Inn of Court.
Considering giving back to the community as the most rewarding aspect, Ms. Riordan devotes considerable time to volunteering for organizations and projects such as the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project and the Women’s Center at County College of Morris. She is an enthusiastic supporter of the Seton Hall Pirates basketball team.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Catherine F. Riordan
First Admitted: 2000, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.riordanfamilylaw.com/attorneys/catherine-f-riord...
- Lectures at the County College of Morris seminar series regarding all aspects of Divorce, 2022
- Certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Lawyer
- Approved by the State of New Jersey as a Family Law Mediator
- N.J. Monthly Top Attorneys in N.J., 2013 - 2019
- Best Lawyer for Families, NJ Family Magazine, 2020
- O’Donnell v. Singleton, 384 N.J. Super 141 (App. Div. 2006)
- New Jersey
- Chair District XB Ethics Committee 2015-2018
- Vice Chair, District XB Ethics Committee, 2013-2015
- District XB Ethics Committee Member; 2009-2018
- Worrall F. Mountain Inn of Court (2002 – 2004)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Chair Young Lawyers Division
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Executive Committee
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Member of the Morris County Bar Association, 2022
- Member of the Family Law Section of the New Jersery State Bar, 2022
- Seton Hall University, B.A. in English Literature and minors in Psychology and Criminal Justice
Pro bono/Community Service
- Currently volunteers for the New Jersey Battered Women Legal Assistance Program. Was selected by the New Jersey Supreme Court to serve as Chair of the District XB Ethics Committee, Vice Chair of the District XB Ethics Committee, and Ivestigator for the District XB Ethics Committee
- Volunteer, Early Settlement Blue Ribbon Panelist, Morris County Family Part (2013-present)
- Volunteer, Early Settlement Panelist, Morris County Family Part (2004-present)
- Volunteer Attorney, The Women’s Center Legal Clinic, County College of Morris (2002-present)
- Volunteer Attorney, Jersey Battered Women’s Services, Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project
- Volunteers for the County College of Morris Woman's Center Legal Clinic, 2022
- How Divorce Can Affect the Children’s College Pursuits https://t.co/y7nWRajoBt
- Matison v. Lisnyansky, father's appeal of judgment awarding mother #palimony & #custody dismissed based on fugitive disentitlement.
- Our new website has launched! Thank you @paperstreet for everything. Visit now @ https://t.co/vpGx4YyaIL #WebsiteLaunch
Last Updated: 7/13/2022