Thomas Carroll Blauvelt
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in East Brunswick, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
The founder of the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC, Thomas Carroll Blauvelt provides aggressive and astute litigation services from his office in East Brunswick, New Jersey, for his clients throughout the state. Focusing his practice on the area of criminal law matters, he represents clients in DWI, traffic cases, NJ DMV hearings, personal injury matters, and general criminal defense.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Blauvelt first obtained his Bachelor of Science in finance from Fairfield University in 1987. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, from which he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1992.
Mr. Blauvelt is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. Prior to going into private practice, Mr. Blauvelt garnered both defense and prosecution experience while working as a public defender and as a student district attorney and municipal prosecutor. In his 26 years of practice in criminal law, Mr. Blauvelt has represented clients in more than 15,000 cases, often obtaining excellent results through skilled courtroom litigation.
Mr. Blauvelt has earned numerous awards during his career, including being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. He also holds a 10.0 "Superb" rating given to him by his peers through Avvo. In order to stay up to date with current developments in his practice area and to forge connections with fellow members of the bar, Mr. Blauvelt has been an active participant in numerous professional organizations, including the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Hudson County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Municipal Prosecutors Association and was a Trustee with the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
DUI/DWI, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Overdrawn Bank Account, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Thomas Carroll Blauvelt
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.thomascarrollblauvelt.com/attorney/thomas-c-blau...
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Lead Council Certified for 2021
- Successfully defended a client charged with DWI in Edison Municipal Court as seen on MTV's True Life, "This PTSD Thing [Post Traumatic Stress Disorder]". 2008, www.mtv.com/videos/misc/326547/this-ptsd-thing.jhtml
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut, B.S., Major: Finance, Minor: English, 1987
- Trustee, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2014
- New York, 1993
- New Jersey, 1994
- How do I get my driver's license back after the suspension? https://t.co/uyJ4pYfI5m
- Could mouthwash lead to a DUI arrest? https://t.co/G0GssoHRYB
- When can you change a Breathalyzer test result in N.J.? https://t.co/w0ZelDrjDW
- What happens if you violate a New Jersey restraining order? https://t.co/ww2MS0q3np
- Why doesn't the brain heal completely? https://t.co/qGr5PGP5eu
Last Updated: 5/15/2022