Vincent N. Macri
Top rated elder law attorney in East Hanover, New JerseyMacri & Associates, LLC
Practice Areas: Elder law, Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1973
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Vincent N. Macri is a founding and senior partner of Macri & Associates, formerly McHugh & Macri, East Hanover, New Jersey, which was established in 1978. Mr. Macri is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) as promulgated by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF). Mr. Macri is also a member of the Council of Advanced Practitioners ("CAP"), one of approximately 75 members nationwide, as chosen by the National Elder Law Foundation. He was selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list as published in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine (2010-2021), as well as being named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list of Top 100 Attorneys in 2021 and 2017-2018. In addition, Mr. Macri was named to 2021 "New York Area's Top Rated Lawyers" as published in "New York Magazine," and "2021 Top Rated Lawyers in Health Care" as published in "The American Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Magazine". Mr. Macri has also been awarded a rating of AV Preeminent, the highest possible rating, by the peer review rating process of Martindale-Hubbell as well as a Lead Counsel Rating as promulgated by Thomson Reuters. He is an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NELA) and the Elder Law Section of the New Jersey Bar as well as being a member of the Monis County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. In addition, he is also a Veteran's Administration accredited attorney and has been an advocate for disabled veterans through the Disabled American Veterans Association ("DAV"). Mr. Macri received his BA degree from Seton Hall University in 1970 and his JD degree from Seton Hall University Law School in 1973. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey, the Federal Courts and the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Since 1996, the focus of his practice has been in Medicaid planning disability planning/ special needs trusts, asset preservation and related estate matters. As a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, he additionally handles guardianships, conservatorships, and disability litigation, as well as end of life and contested probate issues.
Mr. Macri has lectured extensively for various professional associations, including the Morris County Bar Association, the Financial Planning Association of New Jersey, the Alzheimer's Association, the New Jersey Registered Nurses Association, accountant's groups, veterans groups, and caregiver support groups, including membership in the Morris County Caregiver Coalition. He has also appeared as an Elder Law expert on numerous radio programs, including WOR Radio in New York City and WMTR in Morristown, New Jersey; as well as written for publications on elder law, disability law and planning. In addition, he's a regular lecturer for the National Business Institute (NBI) on Elder Law issues.
Past clients include PI-IP Healthcare, Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New Jersey, Showboat Casino-Hotel and The Bank of New York.
As a CELA, Mr. Macri also handles Medicaid related divorce litigation, nursing home litigation, and elder personal injury litigation based upon his 48 years of trial experience. Litigation of all elder related issues is also one of his specialties.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasElder law, Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate
Will contests, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 60% Elder law
- 30% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1973, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.mchughandmacri.com/attorney/vincent-n-macri/
- , Named to the list of Super Lawyers, published in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2010-2022
- , Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list of Top 100 Attorneys, 2017-2018, and 2021-2022
- Rating of AV Preeminent
- "2021 Top Rated Lawyers in Health Care" as published in "The American Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Magazine," 2021, 2020, 2018, The American Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Magazine, 2021
- "New York Area's Top Rated Lawyers" as published in "New York Magazine", 2017-2022, New York Magazine
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA)
- Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP)
- American Veterans Association ("DAV"), Veteran's Administration accredited attorney
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Member
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court New Jersey
- Lecturer, Numerous Radio Programs
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- Elder Law and Disability Law and Planning
- Lecturer, National Business Institute (NBI), 2013
- Showboat Casino-Hotel
- Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Sandoz (Novartis) Pharmaceutical and Costco
- PHP Healthcare
- The Bank of New York
- Seton Hall University, B.A., 1970
Office location for Vincent N. Macri
49 Ridgedale Avenue
East Hanover, NJ 07936
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2023