Top rated immigration attorney in Edison, New JerseyLee & Garasia, LLC
Practice Areas: Immigration
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1997
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Angie Garasia is a partner at the firm of Lee & Garasia, LLC located in Edison, New Jersey. Ms. Garasia handles all aspects of Immigration and Nationality law, including immigrant and non-immigrant visas, family and employment-based applications for permanent residence, and U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization applications. Ms. Garasia is the "Field Attorney" for the firm and appears regularly at the local USCIS offices in Newark and Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. She also travels out-of-state and has handled complex immigration matters at the following USCIS locations: New York City; Philadelphia, PA; Hartford, CT; Fairfax, VA; Lawrence, MA; Cincinnatti, OH; Memphis TN, Jacksonville, FL, Centennial, CO, Chicago, IL, St. Albans City, VT, Sacramento, CA.
Ms. Garasia recently served on the By-Laws Committee of AILA, a national association of more than 14,000 attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. She is also Past Chair of the NJ Chapter of AILA, which is comprised of approximately 450 local immigration attorneys. Ms. Garasia serves as co-chair of the USCIS liaison commttee for the 2016-2017 year. She is a member of the NJ State Bar Association (NJSBA) and Federal Bar Association (FBA). Ms. Garasia's article "Naturalization, Jersey Style: The Process, the Perks and the Pitfalls" was recently published in the February 2017 issue of the New Jersey Lawyer Magazine. Ms. Garasia was a Speaker at the 2019 Federal Bar Association Annual Conference in New Jersey.
Ms. Garasia is a New York University graduate and a recipient of the NY Governor's Committee on Scholastic Achievement Award. She received her Juris Doctorate from Rutger's School of Law-Newark, where she was selected and served as Editor of the Rutgers Law Review.
First Admitted: 1997, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.njimmigrationattorney.com/Attorneys/Angie-Garasia...
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States
- Admitted to U.S Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- NY Governor's Committee on Scholastic Achievement Award, Recipient
- New York University, B.A., 1994
- Rutgers Citizenship-Volunteer Attorney, 2012
- Citizenship Rutgers Project, Volunteer Attorney, 2011
- Citizenship Clinic, Co-Host Organizer, Jersey City, NJ, 2016
- Community Citizenship Day Event- Volunteer Attorney-New Brunswick, NJ , 2014
- Article discussed local practices of the USCIS office in Newark, NJ., Author, "Naturalization, Jersey Style: The Process, the Perks and the Pitfalls", New Jersey Lawyer Magazine , 2017
- Panelist on "Citizenship and Conditional Residence Issues", Speaker/Panelist, Federal Bar Association Annual Conference - New Jersey Chapter, 2019
- American Immigration Lawyers Association,NJ Chapter,Co-Chair Citizenship Day Committee, 2022
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Middlesex County Bar Association-Immigration Section, Member, 2013
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (National), By-Laws Committee, Appointed Member, 2016
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member and Co-Chair of USCIS Liasion Committee for NJ Chapter
- American Immigration Lawyers Association-N.J. Chapter, Executive Board Treasurer, 2013
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Executive Board of NJ Chapter, Chair , 2015
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)- N.J. Chapter, Executive Board, Secretary, 2012
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Executive Board of N.J. Chapter, Vice-Chair, 2014
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012