Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Edison, New JerseyEpstein Ostrove, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Class Action & Mass Torts; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1995
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Daniel “Donny” Epstein, is a managing and founding member of the firm, and is certified by the Supreme Court as a civil trial attorney.
He has successfully tried civil cases, including personal injury matters, and commercial litigations that have netted his clients millions of dollars in compensation. He is a member of the Million Advocates Forum which is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
He has also has had significant success working on behalf of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for New Jersey’s Phen-Fen litigation, has acted as liason counsel in the Risperdal/Seroquel litigation and has represented victims in various mass torts. Many millions of dollars in confidential settlements have been obtained by diligent and persisent advocacy on his clients' behalf.
He also handles divorce and family matters including complex custody disputes through every aspect of litigation or arbitration.
Mr. Epstein has been often feted in such periodicals and legal journals as the New Jersey Law Journal, and has been featured in Lifestyles Magazine, Verdict Search and “Trial Excellence.” He has also appeared on CBS News.
Finally, Mr. Epstein has had significant experience in the area of criminal defense. In addition to other clients, he has successfully represented various members of the New Jersey chapter of the Breed motorcycle club.
Besides his eclectic trial law experience in Donny founded a production company that has produced films, movies and Broadway productions. He has been nominated for one Emmy and two Tony awards. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Animus Theatre Group.
He resides in Edison, NJ and coaches recreation League Basketball for the local youth in that area.
Mr. Epstein is admitted to practice before all New Jersey and New York state courts, and is an active participant in several legal organizations, including the New Jersey Association for Justice and having served as a Trustee of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense, Family Law, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 10% Family Law
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://epsteinostrove.com/directory-detail-daniel/
- B.F.A. from NYU Tisch School of the Arts, 1992
- Representing matrimonial dispute for underprivileged single mother., 2020
- Participated and volunteered with Elijah's Promise., 2021
- Representing financially burdened Father in DCS matter., 2022
- Recertified with Superior Court as Certified Civil Litigator. , 2021
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney (Recertified in 2015)
- Trustee with Trial Lawyers Association of New Jersey., 2022
- Board of Governors with New Jersey Association of Justice., 2022
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Trustee for the Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Jersey Task force for Women
- New York Bar Association, Member
- President of the Board of Directors for Animus Theatre Group
- The importance and interpretation of Lawson v. Dewar and motions to reconsider., Speaker, Hot Tips for Litigators, New Jersey State Bar Association, Legal, 2022
- 100k policy settlement. Mildred Pulgar was injured in a MVC. Suffered unoperated back and neck injuries., 2022
- Arbitration award of over 1.6M for the injuries suffered by Priscilla Thomas. Ms. Thomas was struck by a car in a parking lot. She damaged her knee and complained later of her back and neck. Both neck and back complaints developed months after her reporting to the ER for the MVC. After two surgeries plaintiff related the surgeries to the MVC. Defendants disputed causal relationship. Arbitration award was entered in favor of plaintiff for over the policy. , 2021
- Criminal Matter. State v. Henry Cruz. Mr. Cruz was charged with statutory rape of a minor., 2022
- A settlement award of $4.1 million for the permanent injuries suffered by Orlando Hoppe-Bermeo and his wife, Lynette Fernandez. This compensation stems from an incident that occurred on December 18, 2019. While the Plaintiffs were driving on South Main Street in Cranbury, their vehicle was struck by defendant Wamdell Depena, an employee of Reliable Office Solutions NJ Inc., who failed to heed a stop sign, resulting in the collision., 2023
- Jennifer Cardenas, the Plaintiff, was granted a settlement of $980,000 for injuries sustained in a vehicle accident on the NJ Turnpike in January 2020. The Defendant, Stephen Chang, changed lanes and collided with Ms. Cardenas on the passenger side of her vehicle. This collision resulted in severe injuries for Ms. Cardenas, causing her to experience ongoing disability and suffering., 2023
- Lorena L. Martinez, the plaintiff, has been granted a settlement of $950,000 for injuries resulting from a motor vehicle collision in Woodbridge, NJ. The defendant, Salvatore J. Locascio, was found to have operated his vehicle with carelessness, recklessness, and/or negligence, directly leading to the severe injuries sustained by the plaintiff., 2023
- Ms. Yolanda Capalad and Ms. Honielette Rapp received a settlement of $1,900,000 for injuries they sustained in a vehicle accident in Westfield, NJ. The collision resulted in injuries to Ms. Capalad, necessitating a two-level cervical fusion surgery, along with physical therapy and selective nerve blocks that only partially alleviated her condition. This will lead her to face physical limitations in the future. Ms. Rapp sustained injuries to her back, neck, arm, and chest. , 2023
- A $1,150,000 settlement was awarded at trial. Nora Perez-Talubas, the plaintiff, was involved in a vehicle accident consisting of three successive rear-end impacts. The fault for the accident was attributed to the first driver, who was distracted. As a result of the multiple impacts, the plaintiff sustained injuries to her knee, back, neck, and developed headaches, all of which will significantly impact her abilities and overall quality of life. , 2023
- A settlement of $475,000 was awarded to Ms. Maria Lopez, the plaintiff, who suffered injuries after falling into an open manhole while walking on the street. The manhole cover is the responsibility of New Jersey American Water Company. Ms. Lopez's fall was a direct result of the company's negligence in maintaining the public premises. As a consequence of the accident, Ms. Lopez sustained injury to her knee and left leg requiring arthroscopy surgery., 2021
- Ellis Earle experienced a motor vehicle collision resulting from the Defendant, Peter Solomita's, negligence. As a consequence, Mr. Earle endured severe and lasting injuries affecting both his body and nervous system. He grapples with substantial pain that extends from his back, down to his legs, and radiates through his shoulders, arms, and hands. This pain is expected to persist into the future. He has accrued significant expenses for medical treatment and care, and has, and will continue to be, hindered in his ability to attend to crucial matters. The Plaintiff reached a pre-trial settlement of $490,000. , 2021
- Hakim Hampton & Katrina Hampton received a $1,000,000 settlement due to injuries they sustained when rear-ended by another vehicle. The collision was forceful, propelling the car into the one ahead. Subsequently, another vehicle struck from behind, leading to a third impact. Mr. Hampton sustained injuries to his back, neck, and right wrist, resulting in pain and swelling that hinders his effectiveness as a Graphic Designer. , 2021
- Ms. Sarah Mathis was granted a $600,000 award due to injuries she endured when a tire dislodged from another vehicle, impacting her windshield and causing her to lose control of her own vehicle. As a result, Ms. Mathis is now grappling with emotional distress, experiencing panic and enduring nightmares. In addition to this, she is also contending with physical injuries including numbness in her arm and persistent back pain. This case reached a settlement in June 2020, prior to going to trial. , 2021
- 2.69M dollar settlement of Motor Vehicle Accident. Ms. O'Donnell suffered two surgeries and an exacerbation of a mental health disorder. , 2022
- Mercy Edziah was granted a settlement of $500,000 for the injuries she endured in a motor vehicle collision that occurred in Bloomfield, NJ, in March of 2019. The Plaintiff suffered severe and lasting injuries. This incident was the result of the actions of the Defendant, Florisa Durand-Moncada, who was driving the vehicle and making a southbound turn in the Township of Bellville, New Jersey., 2022
- Plaintiff Naomi Auman was granted a settlement of $650,000 after an unfortunate incident on Highway 1. Auman was rear-ended by another vehicle, resulting in a loss of control and subsequent collision with the vehicle ahead. This incident, occurring in December 2020, led to Auman sustaining injuries to her neck, knee, and back, all attributable to the negligence of the Defendant, Jay Mussan-Levy., 2022
- Arbitration award of over $1.6M for the injuries suffered by Priscilla Thomas. Ms. Thomas was struck by a car in a parking lot. She damaged her knee and complained later of her back and neck. Both neck and back complaints developed months after her reporting to the ER for the MVC. After two surgeries plaintiff related the surgeries to the MVC. Defendants disputed causal relationship. Arbitration award was entered in favor of plaintiff for over the policy. , 2021
- A $2M settlement for minor. Minor was sitting on a sidewalk as a vehicle abutted the curb and required the minor to take evasive action. Ceramic vase in plaintiff's hands cracked and cut plaintiff's thigh causing surgery and scarring. Plaintiff suffered emotional damage acknowledged by defense expert., 2022
- Arb award of over $1.4M for Laidlaw claim against employer. Mr. Siano suffered an exacerbation of a back injury causing a back surgery, loss of employment, loss of enjoyment of life and disability. Arbitration award was subject to WC lien., 2022
- Awarded Top 250 Privately Help Companies in the State of New Jersey. , 2023
- Awarded Top 250 Privately Help Companies in the State of New Jersey. , 2022
- Mr. Daniel N. Epstein, has been honored with inclusion in the prestigious 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® award. , Best Lawyers®, US News Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- EPSTEIN OSTROVE named one of the top three BEST law firms of 2023 to whom one should refer a personal injury lawsuit. This recognition comes from the readers (Judges and lawyers) of the New Jersey Law Journal. The leading legal newspaper in the state., ‘Best of 2023’ for Personal Injury, New Jersey Law Journal, 2023
- Included on NJBIZ's prestigious 2023 Best Places to Work in New Jersey list. This recognition reflects the exceptional workplace culture and commitment to employee satisfaction that have come to exemplify the experience of working at Epstein Ostrove. Only 150 New Jersey employers were recognized. , Best Places to Work in New Jersey, NJBIZ , 2023
- Litigation Department of the Year for Small Firms., Litigation Department of the Year, New Jersey Law Journal, 2020
- Awarded Mentor Honor by the New Jersey Law Journal, Mentor Honor, New Jersey Law Journal, 2022
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2018
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Christopher Award, The Christophers, Inc., 2005
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2016
- Criminal And Family Law Litigation
- Trial Practice
Office location for Daniel Epstein
200 Metroplex Drive
Edison, NJ 08817
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2024
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney