John E. Lanza
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Flemington, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2016
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
John E. Lanza has been an attorney with Lanza & Lanza LLP since 2003 (formerly known as Thatcher & Lanza). Lanza & Lanza LLP's office is located in Flemington, New Jersey. Mr. Lanza's office primarily serves Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren counties and focuses on probate litigation, estate planning and estate and trust administration. Mr. Lanza earned a political science degree from Boston College in 1998 and graduated cum laude from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2001.
He has been a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the U.S. District Court District of New Jersey since 2001 and was admitted to practice before the District of Columbia Court of Appeals in 2012. In addition to serving his private practice, Mr. Lanza was elected in 2013 and re-elected in 2016 and 2019 to the Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Mr. Lanza also serves as the municipal prosecutor for the Township of Bridgewater, the Joint Municipal Court of East Amwell and Delaware Townships, the Township of Franklin (Hunterdon) and Borough of Stockton
Mr. Lanza has been recognized for his ability in several different ways. He has been appointed by the Hunterdon County Surrogate to represent elderly clients in guardianship proceedings and to administer testamentary trusts for minors. Mr. Lanza was also a featured speaker in 2010 for the Volunteer Guardianship One-on-One on the topic of avoiding court challenges to guardianship. In addition, he was named to the Rising Stars list from 2011 through 2016 and selected for inclusion to the Super Lawyers list in the field of Estate Administration and Probate in 2019.
While Mr. Lanza's focus is on probate litigation and estate and trust administration, he also has strong practices in the areas of land use, appellate practice and municipal courts. No matter the area of concentration, Mr. Lanza's practice focuses on giving his clients dedicated representation.
- 50%Estate Planning & Probate
- 40%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2016
About John E. Lanza
First Admitted: 2001, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.lanzaandlanza.com/Attorney-Profiles/John-E-Lanza....
- Lecturer, Volunteer Guardianship One-on-One on the Topic of Avoiding Court Challenges to Guardianships
- Lecturer, Hunterdon County Bar Assn Legislative Update, Hunterdon County Bar Ass'n, 2017
- O'Rourke v. City of Lambertville, 405 N.J. Super. 8, App. Div., 2008
- Pacifico v. Pacifico, 190 N.J. 258, 2007
- Marcinczyk v. State of NJ Police Training Comm'n., 406 NJ Super 608, App. Div., 2009
- Boston College, Degree in Political Science, 1998
- New Jersey, 2001
- Municipal Prosecutor, Township of East Amwell, Township of Delaware, Township of Franklin and Borough of Stockton, 2016
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2001
- Cum Laude, Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey, June, 2001
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Member 2014-present; Deputy Director 2016; Director 2017; Current term expires 12/31/19., 2014
- Board of Trustees, Hunterdon Art Museum, 2013
- District XIII Ethics Committee, Vice Chairman (2012), Chairman (2013), 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022