Leonard J. Witman
Top rated Employee Benefits attorney in Florham Park, New JerseyWitman Stadtmauer, P.A.
Practice Areas: Employee Benefits, Estate Planning & Probate; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1975
Education: New York Law School
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Leonard J. Witman is a managing member of Witman Stadtmauer, P.A., in Florham Park, New Jersey. Mr. Witman handles estate planning matters involving employee benefits, estate and probate administration, pensions, trusts and wills. He practices in a variety of New Jersey counties, including Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic and Union.
Mr. Witman has several decades of experience as an attorney. After receiving his bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University in 1972, he earned his law degree from New York Law School. He is admitted to practice in all New York and New Jersey state courts and is also licensed to appear before various federal courts, including the U.S. Tax Court and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Applying his knowledge of estate planning law, Mr. Witman has served as an adjunct professor at schools, including Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutgers University and Seton Hall University School of Law. He has also served as an instructor at the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries. In addition, Mr. Witman has authored articles for The Kugler Company and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Outside of his law practice, he is a member of professional organizations, including the New Jersey State Bar Association and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, serving as a Fellow within the organization as well as the former New Jersey chair. He is also a Fellow of the College of Employee Benefits.
Mr. Witman has received recognition for his achievements and contributions to the legal profession. He has been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” each year since 1995.
Practice areasEmployee Benefits, Estate Planning & Probate
Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Employee Benefits
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1975, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.wsmesq.com/Attorneys/Leonard-J-Witman.shtml
- Best Lawyers of America, 1995 - Present
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- A Retirement Planning Technique Book, The Kugler Company
- Roth IRAs, The Kugler Company
- Pension Planning after TEFRA, Top-Heavy Plans, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate Business Program, Rutgers University
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate Business Program, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Instructor, The American Society of Pension Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Tax Law Specialist, Instructor and Lecturer with the Internal Revenue Service in the Employee Plans and Exempt Organizations Division
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, B.A., 1972
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1975
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), New Jersey State Chair
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefit Counsel
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Tax Court, 1977
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Past Chairman, Employee Benefits Committee
- New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Taxation Section, Past Chairman
- New Jersey, 1975
Office location for Leonard J. Witman
26 Columbia Turnpike
Florham Park, NJ 07932
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2024