Bruce L. Atkins
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Hackensack, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Bruce L. Atkins is a senior partner at Deutsch Atkins & Kleinfeldt P.C., in Hackensack, New Jersey. Mr. Atkins has over four decades of experience and concentrates his practice on employment law. He works with issues such as discrimination, severance litigation, sexual harassment, whistleblower protection, and non compete issues and serves clients in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Morris and Passaic counties in New Jersey.
Mr. Atkins holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible from the organization. He is a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America and is included in 2019’s “Top 100” list by the National Trial Lawyers.
Using his acquired experience to educate others, Mr. Atkins has authored articles about employment law for professional publications, and has spoken at conferences and seminars. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the National Employment Lawyers Association New Jersey.
An experienced litigator, Mr. Atkins is also a court-certified mediator, attempting to resolve cases in a less adversarial manner. He is qualified to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Florida and before the U.S. district courts for the southern and eastern districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Atkins received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut and earned his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. Prior to founding Deutsch Atkins & Kleinfeldt P.C., in 2006 he spent several years as a partner at two other private firms.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Business Litigation
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Trade Secret
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
About Bruce L. Atkins
First Admitted: 1977, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.njemployeerights.com/attorneys/bruce-atkins/
- Mallon v. Hudson City Savings Bank, Superior Court of NJ Bergen County, Jury Verdict $1,564,000 inclusive of attorney fees, Plaintiff 36-year employee complained of gender discrimination in the promotion process, Terminated 7 weeks later, President also included for aiding and abetting, 2016
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- NELA-NJ, New Jersey’s chapter, Member
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- NJSBA, Labor and Employment Section
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- NJ American Association for Justice, Member
- Florida Bar, Member
- ABA, Labor and Employment Section
- New York
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, since 1996
- Fellow, Litigation Council of America, 2007
- Arbitration Award on a Commission Dispute - $1,187,000, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of employment litigation since 2005
- University of Connecticut, B.A. political science, 1974
- Co chair of the employment law program, program co-chair, AAJNJ Boardwalk seminar, 2020
- 2013 ACI employment conference on current trends in employment law
- Guest Lecturer, Trial Techniques, NELA's National Convention Lorna Seminars, 2004-2005
- 2010 AAJ Boardwalk seminar on Ethics issues in Employment Matters; NELA National Convention 2011 on Jury Themes
- Is My Noncompete Preventing Me From Accepting a Job? 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers, September 4, 2019
- Guest Lecturer, Trial Techniques, NELA's National Convention Lorna Seminars, 2008
- Employment Issues, Sexual Harassment, and Discrimination, Lorman Seminars, 2004-2005
- Employment Issues, Sexual Harassment, and Discrimination, Lorman Seminars, 2008
- Boardwalk Seminar, Trial of an Employment Case, AAJ (ATLA), 2008
- Boardwalk seminar, Ethics issues in Employment Matters, AAJ, 2010
- Jury Themes, NELA National Convention, 2011
- AAJ NJ Boardwalk, 2011
- AAJ Boardwalk, 2014
- Employment Conference on Current Trends in Employment Law, ACI, 2013
- "Oral Employment Contracts Under N.J. Law: Are Employees Still Second Class Citizens", 15 N.J. Labor and Employment Law Quarterly, 17, 1994
- Complete Anti-discrimination Policies Key, Business Insurance, Crain's Publications, October 13, 1997
- NJSBA NYSBA
Last Updated: 5/15/2022