Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Hackensack, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Carmine LoFaro is the Managing Partner of LoFaro Carver Higgins, LLC. In addition to chairing the firm’s Real Estate Department, Mr. LoFaro’s practice also includes criminal, DWI and traffic defense, business and commercial litigation, estate administration and litigation, and a wide variety of business and corporate matters.
Mr. LoFaro brings with him over 30 years of experience as a litigator in the Federal and State courts of New Jersey, as well the day-to-day representation of a wide range of clients, ranging from individuals and small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
He graduated magna cum laude from Manhattan College in 1986, majoring in both philosophy and psychology, and earned his law degree from Hofstra University School of Law in 1989. He served as judicial clerk to the Hon. Alvin Weiss in the New Jersey Superior Court from 1990 to 1991. He was managing partner of Kalebic & LoFaro, P.C., from 1994 to 1997, and Senior Partner of LoFaro & Reiser, LLP, from 1997 to 2021.
Mr. LoFaro was admitted to practice law in New Jersey in 1989, and was subsequently admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. LoFaro previously served as Chairperson of the District II-B Fee Arbitration Committee, and is currently a Master in the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, where he, along with other well-respected members of the Bergen County bench and bar, mentor young attorneys in trial practice and attorney ethics.
For many consecutive years, Mr. LoFaro has been recognized and continues to be recognized as a top attorney by SuperLawyers, US New & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, 201 Magazine and Bergen Magazine. He is the recipient of the highly coveted AV Preeminent Rating, which is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills and ethical standards by their peers, as well as numerous 5-star ratings by his clients on AVVO and Google. Mr. LoFaro is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He, his spouse and their two children are proud, lifelong residents of Bergen County.
About Carmine LoFaro
First Admitted: 1989, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://newjerseylawyers.law/carmine-lofaro-new-jersey-attor...
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Master, Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Ethics Committee, Borough of Haworth, NJ (2012-Present)
- Chairman, District IIB Fee Arbitration Committee (2007-2009)
- Member New Jersey State Bar Association, Bergen County Bar Association, National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2005- 2007; 2010-2022, SuperLawyers
- 2012-2022, AV Preeminent Rating, Lawyers.com
- 2008, Best of New Jersey, Award of Excellence, The Italian Tribune, 2008
- 2013-2017, Top 100 Trial Attorneys, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2014-2017, Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, American Society of Legal Advocates
- 2011-2022, Best Attorneys in Bergen County, 201 Magazine
- 2014-2022, Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
- Manhattan College, Bachelor of Science, 1986
Last Updated: 6/29/2022