Cathy J. Pollak
Top rated family law attorney in Hackensack, New JerseyLomberg, Del Vescovo & Pollak, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Alternative dispute resolution; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1976
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
A highly skilled litigator and mediator in Hackensack, New Jersey, Cathy J. Pollak is a member of the law firm of Lomberg, Del Vescovo & Pollak, LLC. She has extensive experience helping families navigate complex legal issues in the most well-organized and cost-effective way possible. She provides dedicated representation to clients in family legal matters involving:
· Divorce, including high-asset divorce and collaborative divorce
· Child custody, child support and visitation
· Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
· Post-divorce modifications and enforcements
· Division of property and debts
· Spousal support/alimony
· Domestic violence
A magna cum laude graduate of Cedar Crest College, Ms. Pollak received her Bachelor of Arts in political science and economics in 1973. Later in 1976, she obtained her Juris Doctor from the Rutgers Law School, Newark. She was licensed to practice in New Jersey the same year and later in New York and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
As an adept mediator and negotiator, Ms. Pollak tries to resolve cases in the most private and stress-free ways possible. But when the rights of her clients are on the line, she never hesitates to take their cases to trial. She is certified as an economic family law mediator by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and is the founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey. She also serves as a chairperson on the Bergen County Early Settlement Panel.
Ms. Pollak is a member of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Bergen County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. She was also appointed as a member of the District IIA Ethics Committee (Bergen County) by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
For Ms. Pollak’s high professionalism and ethical standards, she was rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell. She was also listed in Who's Who in American Law and the 2018 Top Lawyers in Bergen County by (201) Magazine.
A valuable contributor to her community, Ms. Pollak is Secretary of the Board of Trustees for the Center For Hope & Safety, a nonprofit in Bergen County dedicated to assisting victims and survivors of domestic violence.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 90% Family law
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cathy-j-pollak-01a32314
- Who's Who in American Law
- Ten Leaders of Matrimonial and Divorce Law in Northern New Jersey, 2007-present; (201) Magazine's 2018 Top Lawyers in Bergen County, Recognition for Family Law and Alternate Dispute Resolution; AV Rated Preeminent Martindale Hubbell, Ten Leaders; Martindale Hubbell
- Cedar Crest College, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude
- Certificate Of Completion of Collaborative Law Training - 2006
- Certified as Economic Mediator by NJ Supreme Court 2002-present
- Chairperson of Panel #6 for Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel, Bergen County, Superior Court, Family Division - 1996 - present
- Secretary of Board of Trustees of Center For Hope And Safety - Non-profit Bergen County organization providing services for victims and survivors of domestic violence, 2022 - present; Member of Board of Trustees, 2020 - present.
- New Jersey
- Bergen Mediators’ Peer Consultation Group, 2002-2012
- Board of Trustees and Secretary, 1994-1995, Bergen County Task Force on Women and Addictions
- Mediator, Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases, appointed by Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2002
- Member and Panel Chair, Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel, Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Family Division, 1996-present
- Member and Panel Chair, District IIA North Bergen County Fee Arbitration Committee, 1998-2002
- Panel Chair and Member, District IIA North Bergen Fee Arbitration Committee 2014 – 2018
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Member, District IIA Bergen County Ethics Committee, 2018-present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2006-present
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2006-present
- Vice-President and Member of the Board, North Jersey Collaborative Law Group / Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey, 2006 – 2017
- Membership Chairperson of the Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey, 2018 – 2021.
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Bergen County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Office location for Cathy J. Pollak
2 University Plaza
Hackensack, NJ 07601
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023