Jason R. Tuvel
Top Rated Land Use & Zoning Attorney in Hackensack, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2019
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
As a partner and attorney at the Hackensack, New Jersey, law firm of Prime & Tuvel, Jason R. Tuvel advocates for the rights of his clients across all the 21 counties of New Jersey. Licensed to practice in New Jersey and New York, he also represents clients in Long Island, Westchester County and the lower Hudson Valley, New York.
For the past 18 years, Mr. Tuvel has been developing his experience in land use, planning and zoning, municipal law and real estate development law. Besides providing effective advocacy before planning/zoning boards and facilitating land use approvals, he also assists with commercial financing, drafting sales and leasing documents, tort claims, eminent domain proceedings, municipal litigation and tax appeals.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Tuvel has handled cases related to the Fair Housing Act, Council on Affordable Housing (COAH) and the Open Public Meetings Act. He has represented design professionals, contractors, construction companies and real estate businesses across New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Tuvel obtained his Bachelor of Arts in history and political science from Rutgers University in 2001. He then received his Juris Doctor from the Rutgers Law School in 2004. He also participated in the Essex County Law Day Mock Trial Program.
Many professional associations have honored Mr. Tuvel with membership and leadership positions. He served as the director of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Land Use Section and was among the board of trustees of the Marion P. Thomas Charter School. He is a member of the Southern New Jersey Development Council, the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Essex County Bar Association and the International Council of Shopping Centers.
An eloquent writer and speaker, Mr. Tuvel has authored scholarly articles for many prominent journals, and he speaks and presents regularly on zoning, planning and municipal law issues.
About Jason R. Tuvel
First Admitted: 2004, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://primelaw.com/our-professionals/jason/
- "The Extension of the Permit Extension Act is on the Move, To Be Reviewed Today By Assembly Appropriations Committee," RPE Law Alert, March 12, 2012 "The Permit Extension Act May Keep Extending," RPE Law Alert, January 24, 2012 "Proposed Legislation Will Require Shopping Center Developments in NJ to Provide Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles," RPE Law Alert, March 30, 2011 "A New Jersey Statute That May Go a Long Way On Your Next Solar or Wind Project!," RPE Law Alert, January 19, 2011
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick B.A. 2001
- Named One of Real Estate New Jersey Magazine's "Thirty Under Thirty"
- Listed as Super Lawyers Rising Star, Land Use/Zoning, 2012
- United States District Court District of New Jersey
- Essex County Law Day Mock Trial Program, Participant
- Marion P. Thomas Charter School, Board of Trustees
- Areyvut, Inc., Board Member
- Rutgers Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Mock Land Use Hearing
- Borough of Ridgefield, NJ, Planning Board Member
- Southern New Jersey Development Council
- UJA Federation of Northern New Jersey, Financial, Legal & Real Estate Division
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Director, Land Use Section
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
Last Updated: 5/19/2022