Patrick J. Jennings
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Hackensack, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Patrick J. Jennings is a trial attorney who specializes in criminal defense and business, commercial and general equity litigation.
Mr. Jennings is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as both a Civil and Criminal Trial Attorney. Mr. Jennings is one of less than fifty attorneys out of over 80,000 in the State who holds both certified trial distinctions.
In December 2010, Mr. Jennings secured--after a four month, high profile jury trial--the complete acquittal of a suspected hit man who was charged with murder, conspiracy to murder, weapons possession and insurance fraud, in a case characterized by law enforcement as an "orchestrated professional mob-style execution."
As as a civil litigator, Mr. Jennings has tried and/or litigated will contests, trade secret and restrictive covenant disputes, closely-held corporate disputes, limited liability company and partnership disputes, complex real estate matters, RICO and civil forfeiture matters, estate disputes, breach of contract cases, contested guardianship matters and personal injury cases.
Mr. Jennings holds the coveted Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating and has been named to the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers every year since 1998. In addition, Mr. Jennings has been selected to New Jersey Super Lawyers list for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Mr. Jennings, is a former law secretary to the Honorable Kevin M. O'Halloran, former presiding judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Chancery Division, General Equity Part.
Mr. Jennings is also a licensed New York attorney. He maintains an office in Saratoga Springs, New York and represents owners, trainers, and jockeys in the Throroughbred and Harness racing industry.
* AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Patrick J. Jennings
First Admitted: 1989, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.pjjennlaw.com/attorney-profile.html
- Temple University School of Law--Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, LL.M. Trial Advocacy 2000
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark. J.D. 1989
- William Paterson College--Wayne, New Jersey, B.S. Economics, 1985
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating; Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys 1998-2020. Top Attorney Rating "Superb"--AVVO Attorney Rating Service
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award, Criminal Procedure
- State of New Jersey, 1989
- State of New York, 1996
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Bergen County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Federal District
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Equity Jurisprudence Committee
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Certified Trial Attorney Committee
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association, Criminal Practice Committee
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association, General Equity Committee
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hudson County Bar Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Associate Member, Justice Marie L. Garibaldi American Inn of Court for Alternative Dispute Resolution
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, District IIB Fee Arbitration Committee 2009-2012
- Certified Contract Advisor and Agent, National Football League Players Association
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- State v. William Silvi and Daniel Tunks, Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Law Division, Criminal Part; Indictment No. 09-01-0227-I. Represented Daniel Tunks, alleged hit man in alleged murder for hire and secured complete acquittal of charges against him which included, murder, conspiracy to murder, weapons possession, and theft by deception.
Last Updated: 5/19/2022