Victor A. Rotolo
Top rated personal injury attorney in Lebanon, New JerseyKearns Rotolo Law
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Family law, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1982
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Certified as a civil trial attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey*, Victor A. Rotolo brings 40 years of experience as the founding member of Kearns Rotolo Law. Providing legal representation for those dealing with matters of personal injury, family law and criminal defense, Mr. Rotolo offers his services to those in Hunterdon, Warren and Somerset counties, including the communities of Clinton, Flemington, Annandale, Somerset and Phillipsburg, New Jersey.
Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts, the U.S. Tax Court, the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals and all courts in New Jersey, Mr. Rotolo began his professional career with a law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law after graduating magna cum laude from American University. Formerly a police officer in the city of Elizabeth, he has unique insight into both sides of a case. For his adherence to legal ethics and his litigation skills, Mr. Rotolo has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent** from Martindale-Hubbell.
He has also been appointed as a discovery master by the Court in complex contentious litigation. Formerly an adjunct faculty member of the Trial Advocacy Program for Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, Mr. Rotolo also has the proper qualifications from the American Arbitration Association to act as an arbitrator in the courts in New Jersey.
As professional development is important to Mr. Rotolo, he is a member of the Hunterdon County Bar Association and the Somerset County Bar Association, and he works with The Institute for Continuing Legal Education as a commentator. His experience in divorce and custody matters, federal civil rights actions, general and product liability, automobile negligence, and medical and legal malpractice enables him to offer legal representation on a variety of matters to a wide range of clients.
Victor A. Rotolo has been a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum since June 2002 and in 2016 became a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has been included on the List of New Jersey Super Lawyers each year since 2006. The list of New Jersey Super Lawyers is generated by the Thomson Reuters organization which employs the following methodology and set of standards to compile the list each year. Super Lawyers Selection Methodology [No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.]
In 1996, Victor Rotolo achieved and has since maintained the highest rating of "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest nationally recognized legal reference company in the country. Martindale-Hubbell employs the following methodology and set of standards to determine ratings. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings Methodology [No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.]
**AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Family law, Criminal defense
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Motor vehicle offenses, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
First Admitted: 1982, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.kearnsrotololaw.com/victor-a-rotolo.html
- American University, Washington, D.C., B.S. - Justice, magna cum laude, Honors: Undergraduate Academic Achievement Award, 1977
- Former Advisory Board Member, Anderson House, a non-profit organization which assists women recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction.
- Union County Community College Foundation Board
- Past member of the Pastoral Committee, Church of St. Joseph, High Bridge, NJ
- Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Won a landmark sexual abuse case in 2008 before the New Jersey Supreme Court on behalf of "R.L." In 2010, that ruling set the stage for a legislative change to New Jersey's Sexual Abuse Law. If the pending bill passes, a victim of abuse will no longer have to file a lawsuit within a two-year statute of limitations of when the victim knew he or she was abused and connects that abuse to his or her injuries.
- Successfully argued and won the case of Pfenninger v. Hunterdon Central High School before the NJ Supreme Court. This was a leading construction negligence case that was litigated over a period of 8 years. The construction worker's widow and her children were awarded a 7-figure settlement.
- Admitted to practice in all New Jersey Courts, U.S. District Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Tax Court
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the Supreme Court of New Jersey District XIII Ethics Committee from 2009 to 2011; served as both the Vice Chair and Chair.
- Member, Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Member, Hunterdon County Bar Association and Chairs its Bench/Bar Liaison and Unauthorized Practice of Law Committees; Member, Civil Practice and Due Diligence Committees
- Member, Somerset County Bar Association
- Civil Practice and Due Diligence committees, Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Defense Association, the Defense Research Institute, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice, 2014 - Present
- Chair, Bench/Bar Liaison and Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Teacher of Trial Practice, Adjunct Faculty Member, Hofstra University School of Law's Trial Advocacy Program
- Teacher of Trial Practice, National Institute for Trial Advocacy Program
- Commentator, Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers list for the 17th consecutive year, NJ Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Has maintained an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1996., AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell , 2022
- , NJ Super Lawyer, Selected for inclusion in the 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers list for the 16th consecutive year, 2021
- AV-Rated - Martindale-Hubbell, 1996 - Present, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell , 2021
- Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, 2006 - 2020 for 15 consecutive years
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell; 1996 - Present, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell , 2020
- Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, 2006 - 2019
- AV-Rated - Martindale-Hubbell, 1996 - Present, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Member, The Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys, Martindale-Hubbell, 2006 - Present, Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2016 - Present, Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2002 - Present, Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyers, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2013 - 2018, Top 100 Litigation Lawyers, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2018
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in New Jersey, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015 - 2016, Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in New Jersey, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2018
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in New Jersey, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014 - 2018, Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in New Jersey, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2013 - 2018, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- New Jersey's Top-Rated Lawyers, American Lawyer Media, 2013 - 2014, New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers, American Lawyer Media, 2014
- Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2014 - 2015
Office location for Victor A. Rotolo
502 U.S. 22
Lebanon, NJ 08833
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney