Michael J. Beatrice
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Mahwah, New JerseyMichael J. Beatrice, P.C., Attorney at Law
Practice Areas: DUI-DWI, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1976
Education: Fordham University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Michael J. Beatrice is a criminal defense attorney in Mahwah, New Jersey, with over 45 years of experience. The founder of Michael J. Beatrice, P.C., Attorney at Law, he represents clients throughout Bergen and Passaic counties, Northern New Jersey and the entire New York metropolitan area.
Assertive yet professional, Mr. Beatrice defends his clients accused of drunk driving, drug possession, abduction, misbehavior, theft, unlawful possession of marijuana by minors, vehicular murder and other issues. He also represents clients in civil lawsuits.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Beatrice spent several years as an assistant prosecutor in Bergen County and as a municipal prosecutor. These experiences provided him with an insider’s understanding of the strategies and techniques used by prosecutors and valuable insights into the best ways to help his clients as a criminal defense attorney.
With a bachelor’s degree in urban affairs from the College of the Holy Cross, Mr. Beatrice received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law. A big part of his college experience was participation in the Student Bar Association and the Judge Mulligan Memorial Moot Court Competition. He holds licenses to appear before all New Jersey state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Supreme Court of New Jersey and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Beatrice has been trained in Alcotest breath testing, one of the most common tests used by the police, and in standardized field sobriety testing practices from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. He is a certified police instructor at the Bergen County Police Academy and a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Beatrice is a founder of the Mahwah Schools Foundation and a former trustee of the Mahwah Township Public Schools Board of Education. He has volunteered as a mock trial coach and sat on the board of advisers of the St. Joseph Regional High School. He has a “Good” rating on Avvo in addition to his numerous other achievements.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense
Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Theft
- 60% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 40% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.michaeljbeatrice.com/attorney/beatrice-michael-j...
- Co-author, Arson Investigation and Prosecution Manual
- Lawyer coach for the County Champion Mahwah High School mock trial team, 2001 - 2013
- Trustee on the Mahwah Board of Education
- Board of Advisors at St. Joseph Regional High School
- Chairman, Mahwah Education Foundation
- Founder, Mahwah Education Foundation, 1988
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, A.B. in Urban Affairs
- Member, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers–New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1976
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, New Jersey Association of Justice
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Member, American Bar Association
- U. S. Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of State of New Jersey
- Association Of Criminal Defense Lawers-NJ
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College Of DUI Defense
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Office location for Michael J. Beatrice
1 International Boulevard
Mahwah, NJ 07495
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024