Michael J. Beatrice
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Mahwah, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Michael J. Beatrice is a criminal defense attorney in Mahwah, New Jersey, with over 40 years of experience. The founder of Michael J. Beatrice, P.C., Attorney at Law, Mr. Beatrice represents clients throughout Bergen and Passaic counties.
In his defense practice, Mr. Beatrice defends the rights of his clients in cases involving DWI/DUI, drug charges, kidnapping, misconduct, robbery, theft, underage marijuana violations, vehicular homicide and other issues. He also represents clients in civil lawsuits.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Beatrice spent several years serving as an assistant prosecutor in Bergen County and as a municipal prosecutor. These experiences gave him intimate knowledge into the strategies and techniques used by prosecutors, which provide him with valuable insight into the best ways to help his clients as a criminal defense attorney.
Mr. Beatrice earned a bachelor’s degree from College of the Holy Cross and received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law. He holds licenses to appear before all New Jersey state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Beatrice has been trained in Alcotest breath testing, one of the most common types of tests used by the police, and in standardized field sobriety testing practices from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. He is a certified police instructor at the Bergen County Police Academy and a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Beatrice is a founder of the Mahwah Schools Foundation and a former trustee of the Mahwah Township Public Schools Board of Education. He has volunteered as a mock trial coach and sat on the St. Joseph Regional High School Board of Consultants.
About Michael J. Beatrice
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.michaeljbeatrice.com/about-us/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lawyer coach for the County Champion Mahwah High School mock trial team, 2001 - 2013
- Trustee on the Mahwah Board of Education
- Board of Advisors at St. Joseph Regional High School
- Chairman, Mahwah Education Foundation
- Founder, Mahwah Education Foundation, 1988
- Member, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers–New Jersey
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, New Jersey Association of Justice
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Member, American Bar Association
- U. S. Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of State of New Jersey
- Co-author, Arson Investigation and Prosecution Manual
- A.B., College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Association Of Criminal Defense Lawers-NJ
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College Of DUI Defense
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Last Updated: 5/15/2022