Robert E. Goldstein
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Manalapan, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Virtual Appointments
Robert is a former President of the Middlesex County Bar Association and remains very active with both the Middlesex County Bar Association, The New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA-NJ) and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He is also a member of the Monmouth Bar Association. He has served as chair of the Middlesex County Bar Association Family Law Section since July, 2018. He is a charter member of the Middlesex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel. He also serves as an early settlement panelist for the family court in Monmouth County and is an intensive settlement panel panelist for that court. He has chaired numerous committees as a trustee and officer of the Middlesex County Bar Association. He has been appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a civil arbitrator and he is a qualified family law mediator. He also serves as a mediator for the Middlesex County Bar Association's Chancery Practice committee. He has been chosen by his colleagues to mediate and arbitrate both matrimonial and civil litigation cases. He has received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Robert was a member of the Law Review and The Order of the Coif at Villanova University School of Law, from which he graduated in 1974. Robert was admitted to practice in New Jersey (1974) as well as before the United States Supreme Court (1992). He was awarded a certificate of Meritorious Service by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Chair of the District VIII Fee Arbitration Committee. Robert also serves as a panel member of the Volunteer Attorney program for Central Jersey Legal Services and has represented numerous clients on a pro bono basis over his years of practice. Articles by Robert have been published in the New Jersey Family Lawyer, the principal publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section. He is a 1971 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University and a 1974 graduate of Villanova University School of Law, where he was an associate editor of the Villanova Law Review. In addition to his regular law practice representing individual clients, Robert is actively engaged in the mediation and arbitration of family law matters. On March 24, 2010, Robert received the Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award from the Middlesex County Bar Association, which recognized his 26 years as a member of the Volunteer Attorney Program for Central Jersey Legal Services, representing those who cannot afford private counsel in a variety of civil matters including divorce, child custody and support matters.
Robert has served as co-chair of the New Jersey Association For Justice Matrimonial Law Section since 2013 and has moderated numerous seminar programs for both the New Jersey Association for Justice and the Middlesex County Bar Association. He is also the current chair of the Middlesex County Bar Association Family Law Section. He is a member of the Collaborative Divorce Professionals collaborative divorce practice group since 2015 after receiving training in collaborative divorce practice.
In January, 2015, Robert was presented with the Edward Schoifet Award from the Middlesex County Bar Association Family Law Section in recognition of personal contributions to the practice of family law in Middlesex County. In addition, Robert received the Middlesex County "Professional Lawyer of the Year" from the New Jersey Commission On Professionalism In The Law on October 22, 2014.
After having been a partner for many years with the Old Bridge, NJ firm of Heilbrunn, Pape & Goldstein, LLC, Robert joined the Manalapan, NJ law firm of Drescher & Cheslow, P.A. on February 28, 2011, where he concentrates his practice in divorce and family law and family law mediation and arbitration. He also has experience in civil litigation including personal injury and probate matters. In addition, Robert is a collaboratively divorce trained professional and is a member of the collaborative law practice group known as Collaborative Divorce Professionals of New Jersey.
Robert has been names a Super Lawyer in New Jersey in the Family Law field every year since 2010.
About Robert E. Goldstein
First Admitted: 1974, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.drescher-cheslow.com/our-attorneys/robert-e-gold...
- The Pennsylvania State University, 1971 (B.A. cum laude).Villanova University School of Law, 1974 (J.D. cum laude), associate editor of Villanova Law Review.
- Publication of articles in the New Jersey Family Lawyer., 1983
- Published article for the major family law publication of the New jersey State Bar Association, Author, Filing Fees in the Family Division: A Land of Confusion, New Jersey Family Lawyer, 2018
- Robert was honored with the Equal Justice Medal from Legal Services of New Jersey on December 1, 1998 in regard to outstanding pro bono efforts on behalf of the low income citizens of Middlesex County.Robert was honored on March 24, 2010 with the Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award from the Middlesex County Bar Association., Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2010
- awarded for service tot eh middlesex County Bar Association and the promotion of collegiality and professionalism among members of the Middlesex County legal community, David Pavlosky "Service To The Bar" award, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2011
- The Middlesex County Professional Lawyer of the Year award is given annually to lawyers from bar associartions across NJ who, by virtue of their conduct, competence and demeanor, set a positive example for others in the profession. Robert has been named the recipient of this award in 2014., Middlesex County Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, NJ Commission on Professionalism In the Law, 2014
- Robert was inducted into the Villanova Chapter of The Order of the Coif in 1974 for high attainments in the study of law, The Order of the Coif, Villanova Chapter, 1974
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Middlesex County "Professional Lawyer of the Year Award", 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lecturer on The State of Palimony Law in NJ after Maeker v. Ross at NJAJ Meadowlands on 11/12/14, 2014
- Moderator and participant in Middlesex County Bar Association CLE programs on cohabitation and its imnpact on alimony and on how to represent clients at virtual early settlement panels.
- Pro Bono volunteer attorney program for Central Jersey Legal Services
- Co-chair of 2021 and 2022 NJAJ Boardwalk Matrimonial Law seminars, 2022
- Robert is a co-chair of this annual highly regarded educational program and will be moderating two panel discussions regarding the impact of the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act on the practice of family law., 2019
- Speaker, NJAJ Meadowlands Matrimonial law seminar, 2018
- Moderator, NJAJ Meadowlands Seminar on Expedited Trials, 2012
- Co-chair and moderator of NJAJ Boardwalk matrimonial Law seminar, 2018
- Co-chair, NJAJ Matrimonial Law Section
- Co-Chair, NJAJ Boardwalk and Meadowlands, Matrimonial Law Program, 2013
- Co-chair, NJAJ Boardwalk Matrimonial Law Program, 2015
- President of Middlesex County Bar Association. Current member of the Middlesex County Bar Association Board of Trustees. Member of New Jersey Association for Justice, Monmouth Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association. Currently a hearing panel chair for the District VIII Fee Arbitration Committee.
- Co-chair, NJAJ Matrimonial Law Programs, Boardwalk and Meadowlands, 2014
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Monmouth Bar Associartion
- New Jersey Association For Justice
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022